Review of The Parrot's Perch

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joseph Okoth Omollo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-okoth-omollo.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Review of The Parrot's Perch

Post by Joseph Okoth Omollo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Parrot's Perch" by Karen Keilt.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Parrot's Perch by Karen Kelt left me in disbelief as I delved into the shocking realities of police brutality in Brazil. Having relocated to California over three decades ago, Karen is confronted with a past she had concealed for a long time, after receiving an invitation from Ms. Glenda Mezarobba to testify on human rights violations.

Karen Kelt's life was a rollercoaster of emotions. Her father, an ex-military man, was often strict with her, particularly when it came to potential suitors seeking her hand in marriage. Eventually, she married an American boyfriend. However, mere months into their marriage, their home was invaded by the Brazilian police on false claims, and they were subjected to mistreatment and taken away. After enduring days of torture, Karen sought solace in America. Did she truly manage to escape the horrors inflicted by the Brazilian police? How did her story unfold? To discover the full details, make sure to grab your own copy of this compelling book.

From the very beginning, Karen Kelt displays an unwavering spirit of bravery. I admired her confidence and candidness during the interview. She left no stone unturned, and that in itself was an act of courage. Her testimony shed light on the brutal nature of the Brazilian police force and the grave injustices within their legal system. Karen portrays a resilient spirit that, despite the challenges she faced, allowed her to move forward and eventually find peace. The author's perfect editing of the book ensured a seamless reading experience—devoid of any errors.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and found nothing to dislike about it. It was a sincere and heartfelt testament. Without hesitation, I give The Parrot's Perch a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. This book is particularly poignant for those who have suffered at the hands of authorities. It also serves as an empowering read for individuals who have endured any form of torture and seek to confront their experiences with bravery.

The Parrot's Perch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lydia Anne Otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-anne-otieno.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Lydia Anne Otieno »

One of the memoir's greatest strengths lies in its raw authenticity. The author fearlessly shares intimate moments of pain, heartache, and self-discovery. The book was is a must read
scolar auma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scolarstica.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by scolar auma »

The book was absolutely amazing. Anyone who faced the brutalities Karen experience, should learn from her boldness, to confront their past. I found this book touching and I felt sorry for Karen after what she went through.
Udegbunam Miriam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miami-liam.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Udegbunam Miriam »

Parrot's Perch was one of those books that engaged my emotions. I rejoiced with the love birds Karen and Rick. I was also saddened, angry, and disgusted by their treatment in the dungeon they were locked in. Interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”