Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Angela Nappi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-nappi.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Post by Angela Nappi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids" by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A great, simple read for families trying to explain the basics of religion to their child or children. As parents, you can appreciate the accuracy of the girls’ genuine curiosity when it came to discussing God, Jesus, and heaven. You felt their curiosity and excitement after every dream and discussion they had with their parents. Emma and Bella’s playful relationship as sisters was continuously carried out throughout the book and I appreciated that their strong bond was connected between Emma’s dreams and real life. I especially liked it when Emma told Bella “We go everywhere together in heaven”. There could have been more of an opportunity to incorporate the little sister into the story – either in real life or in Emma’s dreams.

I enjoyed that the parents took the time to interpret Emma’s dreams and found synergy between the dream itself and verses in the Bible. Although the father’s character could have been more playful, and less matter of fact, I think the parents’ tone of voice was deliberately written the way it was to show that their commitment to their religion was most important. I also think more context could have been given on who Queen Esther is; it seemed like a random addition to that specific section after they were discussing angels wearing white.
The illustrations also helped support the copy of the book, making it easy for families and children to visualize Emma’s dreams.

I think overall the book could have been shorter and could have had more diversity in characters. The note to parents at the end could also have been more subtle.

I would recommend this book to families looking for ways to simplify the concept of religion and explain the importance of their faith to children. It could be useful for teachers to use in a religious education course or program.

Overall 4 out of 5 rating

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”