Review of In Plain Sight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Review of In Plain Sight

Post by Fareed Regal »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In Plain Sight" by Susan Mallett.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever had the feeling, after reading a news article, that there must be more sitting behind that story? When you read In Plain Sight by Susan V. Mallett, you will realize that most times, those feelings are not as unfounded as you might think them to be. The year 2022 was going to be the first "normal” year following the two previous years of the Covid pandemic. As Susan shares with us in this book, it was anything but normal.

We get to understand that the massive commercialization of the Covid pandemic was driven by big Pharma with the assistance of governments from around the world. Vaccines became the biggest profit generator. Russia starting to wage a war against Ukraine was part of a much bigger plan that was never going to be front-page news. Susan also takes us behind the scenes as to how England ended up with three different Prime Ministers in 2022. The other startling revelation was how big businesses and governments were using the technological advances of the 4th Industrial Revolution, to drive their agendas of misinformation via social media platforms.

As much as I enjoyed reading the chronicles of 2022, some of the details revealed were quite scary. Coming from a medical background, Susan shares interesting facts about not just the Covid pandemic but also how the ongoing tussle between vaccinating or not is being handled post-2021. The information being shared is quite detailed and is based on many hours of research and consultations done during 2022. After reading this book I feel more in touch with all the major events that are still ongoing post 2022. That is one of the major achievements of the work done by Susan in this book.

I have no criticisms of this book. The editing was good as I only found a couple of errors to report on. My rating is five out of five stars as this is such an important piece of literature that deals with facts that daily news tabloids will avoid as they might not be sensational enough. Never mind it being necessary facts ordinary people should be made aware of.

I am recommending this book to all adult readers who closely follow world news and those who would appreciate knowing the stories behind the news. As the book deals with newsworthy stories across all spectrums, it should attract a broad audience.

In Plain Sight
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Normally I used to follow the news to know what is happening in the world but I no longer find this helpful as they make me anxious more than anything
Your review was detailed and well written, and you explained the aspects of the book beautifully. I enjoyed reading your review
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It is so hard to get an accurate account of what's really going on in the world. Many times, I look at the news "headlines" and think there has got to be more going on in the world than these fluff articles. The topics you touched on are all very interesting, and it sounds like the author has others to share as well. I will definitely check out this book. Thank you for your thorough introduction and recommendation, Fareed!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:

Post by Fareed Regal »

Sarah Zain wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 18:38 Normally I used to follow the news to know what is happening in the world but I no longer find this helpful as they make me anxious more than anything
Your review was detailed and well written, and you explained the aspects of the book beautifully. I enjoyed reading your review
The author did a great job in uncovering more facts that are not in the public domain which gives one a better perspective on what is actually happening in the world. Unfortunately, I don't think it will lessen any anxiety, but it will help to bring closure to some of the questions or doubts that we tend to carry with us after reading disturbing news stories. Thank you Sarah for taking the time to provide feedback, greatly appreciated.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:

Post by Fareed Regal »

MsH2k wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 19:21 It is so hard to get an accurate account of what's really going on in the world. Many times, I look at the news "headlines" and think there has got to be more going on in the world than these fluff articles. The topics you touched on are all very interesting, and it sounds like the author has others to share as well. I will definitely check out this book. Thank you for your thorough introduction and recommendation, Fareed!
As I did not want to divulge too much in the review, I only focused on a few of the stories that are still very much in the news. The author gives a month by month update for the whole of 2022 and it certainly was an eventful year with something crazy happening every single month. Some of the stories make you think that maybe the ostrich is right to just stick it's head in the sand. I am sure you will enjoy reading this one. I always enjoy your feedback as it is very insightful. Thank you, Donna!
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I don't follow news at all, so it's not a book I would pick. It is a great analysis that you have done, thank you very much for your review.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:

Post by Fareed Regal »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 17:48 I don't follow news at all, so it's not a book I would pick. It is a great analysis that you have done, thank you very much for your review.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, appreciated.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”