Review of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fawmi FJumana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: Review of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

I agree with your point about pacing issue in the book. And that a more even pace would help engage the little ones more. And I liked Mary Grace so much for looking out for her brother. Great review.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

This book has very important messages in many ways. In addition to highlighting the essentials of communication and values that are so valuable for parents and their children, and also for teachers when teaching in the classroThis book has very important messages in many ways. In addition to highlighting the essentials of communication and values that are so valuable for parents and their children, and also for teachers when teaching in the classroom.

Thanks for your review.om.

Thanks for your review.
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Fawmi Jumana wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 22:02 I agree with your point about pacing issue in the book. And that a more even pace would help engage the little ones more. And I liked Mary Grace so much for looking out for her brother. Great review.
Yes, that is true. It is important to keep it flowing smoothly to engage the children. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Smrithi Arun

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 19:03 This book has very important messages in many ways. In addition to highlighting the essentials of communication and values that are so valuable for parents and their children, and also for teachers when teaching in the classroThis book has very important messages in many ways. In addition to highlighting the essentials of communication and values that are so valuable for parents and their children, and also for teachers when teaching in the classroom.

Thanks for your review.om.

Thanks for your review.
I was very happy to see the promotion of healthy communication! Thank you for commenting!
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for a wonderful review Smrithi! I do think the pace makes a difference here. But the complex situation takes away the slowness. And the end was win-win, so overall it was a happy read.
Smrithi Arun

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Kavita Shah wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 21:01 Thank you for a wonderful review Smrithi! I do think the pace makes a difference here. But the complex situation takes away the slowness. And the end was win-win, so overall it was a happy read.
I'm glad it ended on a happy note! Thank you for your uplifting comment, Kavita!
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

It seems the parents have created a safe space for the children to express their feelings. Great job
Smrithi Arun

Post by Smrithi Arun »

ElinaT wrote: 16 Jun 2023, 04:36 It seems the parents have created a safe space for the children to express their feelings. Great job
In this case, the grandparents and the school authorities have really shown up! Thank you for your valuable comment!
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

Donny's enthusiasm and optimism were so contagious they rubbed off on the people around him. And Mary Grace was wise beyond her years. I loved the conclusion of both cases in which the Grandma Gang were involved in solving; not only did the victims get a solution to their problem, the perpetrators were assisted too. A great read for children, parents, and their grandparents. Thank you for the amazing review.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Smrithi Arun

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Blackstenius wrote: 17 Jun 2023, 09:12 Donny's enthusiasm and optimism were so contagious they rubbed off on the people around him. And Mary Grace was wise beyond her years. I loved the conclusion of both cases in which the Grandma Gang were involved in solving; not only did the victims get a solution to their problem, the perpetrators were assisted too. A great read for children, parents, and their grandparents. Thank you for the amazing review.
I agree! The Grandma Gang stories taught that second chances may be good sometimes. I love the moral promoted. Thank you for your wonderfully kind words!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”