Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ese Dan Ugbomoiko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ese-dan-ugbomoiko.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Ese Dan Ugbomoiko »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Matthew Tyzz's We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is a tale encompassing the realms of enchantment and politics within a monarchy. This work of fiction unfolds in a medieval backdrop, commencing with the unrest brewing in Hillport, a city located to the south of the kingdom of Voulhire.

The city has endured mistreatment from two recently appointed lords who hold positions of leadership. One lord's transgressions primarily involve the city's children, while the other lord's wrongdoing stems from a distorted perception of prioritizing personal goals over the value of life. Concurrently, the narrative also follows the journey of Galen Bray, a young man who flees turmoil in the Land of the Princes to inherit his late great uncle's wealth in Magnum Saelum, an emerging city within the kingdom of Voulhire.

The initial character list in the book proved to be a useful reference for me whenever I found myself perplexed about a particular character. Among all the characters, I found myself deeply engrossed in the journey of Galen Bray, who had to navigate the challenging transition from a mere survivor in the Land of the Princes to assuming the role of a successful businessman. I greatly admired his determination to forge ahead with an open heart, remaining receptive to learning and persisting despite the difficulties he faced as a foreigner and his struggles with PTSD.

There is nothing I find displeasing about this book; however, I do entertain the thought that a sequel would be fitting, considering that, in my view, the story was not entirely concluded. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who appreciates well-written stories with elements of magic and politics.

I gave this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars due to who the author's imaginative prowess shines through, enabling him to craft a captivating mythical tale enhanced by vivid descriptions that bring the narrative to life.The book was exceptionally well-edited and error-free

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Da_JumogM
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-da-jumogm.html
Latest Review: Wired to Become by Dr. Britt Andreatta

Post by Da_JumogM »

Matthew Tysz did wonders in this book. The way he conferred up this fantasy story still amazes me. Voulhire sounds both ordinary and extraordinary. I just liked this book's plot. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”