Review of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Review of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for the wonderful review Sarah! Indeed an immersive story it is. And the day at the zoo was the best. The parents name, truly rare to know. For a moment I actually forgot they had first names because it was Mr. and Mrs. Miller all the time.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Kavita Shah wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 00:05 Thank you for the wonderful review Sarah! Indeed an immersive story it is. And the day at the zoo was the best. The parents name, truly rare to know. For a moment I actually forgot they had first names because it was Mr. and Mrs. Miller all the time.
Thank you Kavita for taking time to comment and for your kind words.🌹
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

Good review, i like how Mary Grace took care of his brother. It's always good to have a loving and supportive grandparents. Great review keep it up
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Nkem Blessing wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 05:16 Good review, i like how Mary Grace took care of his brother. It's always good to have a loving and supportive grandparents. Great review keep it up
thank you for stopping by and commenting Nkem.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

This book really caught my attention, I will definitely be reading it soon. I like these types of themes, and especially that they are aimed at a child audience seems very good to me. Thanks for your review.
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 11 Jun 2023, 18:09 This book really caught my attention, I will definitely be reading it soon. I like these types of themes, and especially that they are aimed at a child audience seems very good to me. Thanks for your review.
Thank you Bettny for taking time to share your thoughts and comment.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

Bullying is such an ongoing problem in schools and seems to carry on from one generation to the next. Now if every victim had a "Mary" to look out for them, that would be wonderful. Thank you Sarah for a great review!
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Fareed Regal wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 03:01 Bullying is such an ongoing problem in schools and seems to carry on from one generation to the next. Now if every victim had a "Mary" to look out for them, that would be wonderful. Thank you Sarah for a great review!
Ya, it will be great that victims have the same courage and support system as Mary. I really praying for that.
Thank you Fareed for your kind words.
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

This was such a touching story, and Donny's enthusiastic and optimistic demeanor was so infectious it put a smile on my face too! It'd be difficult to dislike Mary Grace and the Grandma Gang as well. All told, and above all, what I liked the most was the discreet and tactful manner in which the bullying case was handled to the benefit of both the victims and the culprits. This was similar to the other case in which the Grandma Gang were involved in solving; in both, there was a silver lining, as in Lyndsey's case, the granny burglars also got the help they needed as their core issue was finally addressed. Amazing review!
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Blackstenius wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 22:00 This was such a touching story, and Donny's enthusiastic and optimistic demeanor was so infectious it put a smile on my face too! It'd be difficult to dislike Mary Grace and the Grandma Gang as well. All told, and above all, what I liked the most was the discreet and tactful manner in which the bullying case was handled to the benefit of both the victims and the culprits. This was similar to the other case in which the Grandma Gang were involved in solving; in both, there was a silver lining, as in Lyndsey's case, the granny burglars also got the help they needed as their core issue was finally addressed. Amazing review!
I completely agree with your opinion. The way to deal with the issue and confront it helped solve it in a way that was beneficial to both parties. Understanding the dimensions of the situation is useful to determine whether the perpetrator is a real bully or if what is happening is just a reaction to whatever is happening in his life. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your kind comment, Blackstenius.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I'm certain that the separation of parents and kids was a tough one but it seems the family had good support from the grandparents. Awesome review!
Fester John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fester-john.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Fester John »

I enjoyed reading, it's one of its kind...Kee up your good work
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

Elina Tshabalala wrote: 16 Jun 2023, 04:34 I'm certain that the separation of parents and kids was a tough one but it seems the family had good support from the grandparents. Awesome review!
It was and I didn't feel it's fair, but I agree with you that the kids have a very good support system as their grandparents. Thank you Elina Tshabalala for your kind words
Sarah Zain
Currently Reading:

Post by Sarah Zain »

fester john wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 07:14 I enjoyed reading, it's one of its kind...Kee up your good work
Thank you so much fester john for your uplifting comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”