Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Surviving the Business of Healthcare is a nonfiction book by Barbara Galutia Regis, PA-C. This book is an enlightening and empowering guide that unveils the intricate world of the healthcare industry. Drawing on her extensive experience as a healthcare professional, Regis offers invaluable insights, practical advice, and a wealth of knowledge to help readers successfully navigate the complex healthcare landscape. 

Regis's firsthand expertise and passion for patient advocacy shine throughout the book. She skillfully dissects the various components of the healthcare business, including insurance, medical billing, healthcare delivery, and patient rights. With clarity and precision, she breaks down complex topics into accessible language, ensuring that readers from all backgrounds can grasp the intricacies involved. Her writing style is engaging and personable, making connecting with the material and applying the information to real-life scenarios easy. 

Of course, this book has many superb things to like, including the author's focus on empowering patients. She emphasizes the importance of actively participating in one's healthcare journey, equipping readers with the knowledge and tools to make informed decisions and advocate for themselves effectively. Through practical tips, real-life anecdotes, and patient stories, Regis instills confidence and agency, helping readers navigate the complexities of the healthcare system with greater ease. Moreover, she provides a well-rounded perspective by addressing healthcare professionals' challenges. She sheds light on the pressures and demands within the industry, offering valuable advice on managing time, maintaining work-life balance, and advocating for both personal and professional well-being. By encompassing the experiences of both patients and healthcare professionals, the book offers a comprehensive understanding of the healthcare business from multiple angles. 

While the book covers a wide range of topics, there are instances where certain subjects could benefit from more in-depth exploration. Some readers with specialized interests or seeking granular details may yearn for additional depth in certain areas. For this reason, I rate it four out of five stars. However, it is essential to note that the book is an excellent introductory resource, providing readers with a solid foundation and equipping them with the necessary knowledge to delve deeper into specific areas of interest. I found no grammatical errors, which means it was exceptionally well-edited.  

This book is an invaluable guide that bridges the gap between patients and the complex world of healthcare. It is an essential read for anyone aiming to navigate the business side of healthcare with confidence and clarity.  

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

The business of healthcare should be taken quite seriously. I look forward to reading this book in order to learn what the author has to say about this topic. Beautiful review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I really think that the patient should be informed. I know from experience that it's difficult, but it's necessary.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

Great review Surviving the Business of Healthcare" is a highly recommended book that empowers readers with invaluable insights and practical advice, bridging the gap between patients and the complex healthcare industry.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

I think this book may be boring for them as some point. On the other hand, it'd be enjoyable for health practitioners and medics. The issue of making money from healthcare is another big aspect and I like that it was outlines in the book. Nice review.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

This is a great review, I haven't read it but I am quite keen on reading it based on the information I have on this review. I like the the focus was the patient wellbeing.
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

Good review. I haven't read it. Since it's all about health care. I will like to read it in other to get more information on health care
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: A third is darkness by Murray Bailey

Post by Nancy004 »

This is a good book review because it provides a clear summary of the book's content, shares positive impressions, acknowledges a potential limitation, and concludes with a strong recommendation, giving readers valuable insights in a concise manner.
Good job !
Raphael Raymondd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-raymondd.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Raphael Raymondd »

This is a book that challenges conventions and leaves a lasting impact on the reader. I agree with all the points raised in this book. Amazing review.
Vivian Onwuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-onwuka.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Vivian Onwuka »

The narrative unfolds with a perfect balance of tension and poignancy, drawing me deeper into its enchanting world with every chapter.
Nwojiji Victor
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwojiji-victor.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Nwojiji Victor »

What truly sets this book apart is the author's ability to infuse the story with themes that resonate on a deeper level, provoking introspection and sparking conversations. This is storytelling at its finest.
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

This is a book that will linger in my thoughts, a testament to the power of great storytelling. This book is so insightful and lovely.
Gillian Walter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer-mogzi.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Gillian Walter »

I appreciate those who make out time to educate people. So, I thank the author, Regis, for writing a book such as this. It would help a lot of people. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”