Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Helen Chizzy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Date Farm by Jack Winnick is the fourth book in the Lara and Uri Series authored by Jack Winnick. The book begins on a sad note: a suicide bombing had just been reported at a mall, leaving over 50 people dead and over 100 injured. The perpetrators of these horrible acts killed themselves immediately not to be captured for questioning. Lara and Uri are called in from their vacation in Ohio to investigate the case; however, this investigation is not fruitful, and they meet a dead end.

As the embers of the initial acts seemed to abate, terrorists again held two banks, the Federal Reserve Bank and Chase Manhattan Bank, hostage. Lara and Uri take separate teams and head into the banks, where they are captured. They are later rescued, but then it dawns on them that these terrorists are after a very precious item, rhenium. This case leads them to Iran, where most activity occurs at a date farm. Read this book to find out how it all goes down.

This book was quite an interesting piece; I'm glad that being the fourth in the series did not affect its storyline, as it stood independently. Lara and Uri are a fascinating couple to read about; their devotion to duty is unrivalled. Winnick does a fantastic job with this book. Although this book was mainly fiction, it appeared well-researched, as was evident from the author's comment about it being based on historical facts. It was also simple to understand and easy to follow. I also commend the impeccable editing I observed in this book; I did not encounter a single error.

I had no dislikes throughout my time with the book; I have only praise for the book. I was kept on the edge of my seat as the action unfolded. Honestly, this author is immensely talented.
This book receives a rating of 5 out of 5 stars from me for its engaging plot style, well-developed characters, and informative flow. I recommend it to readers interested in books on terrorism and military stories.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nkem Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nkem Blessing »

Good review. Like this kind of books i think I will go for. I like your review writing style. Its unique keep it up
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

From your review, this book sounds interesting, suspenseful, and well-written. I also like well-researched books, fiction or not. But, considering this book is the fourth in a series, I don't know how likely I am to read it.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Jack Winick's books always promise a lot of action, and I know that the Date farm will not disappoint my expectations. I will definitely read it. Thanks for the review.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

"The Date Farm" captures the essence of espionage and courage in the face of danger.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”