Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The explanation of creation in Genesis provides a foundation for comprehending the universe's origin and life on Earth. Science incorporates theories, such as the Big Bang Theory, which proposes that the universe emerged from a minuscule point roughly 13.5 billion years ago. While some individuals hold the belief that God created the universe, others adhere to Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. There is also a segment of the population familiar with religious and scientific principles. They are not committed to either side but are curious about reconciling the two perspectives.

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon explores the parallels between science and Biblical teachings. The authors interpret each day of God's creation as representing a millennium for humankind, as God stated that a thousand years for humans is like a day to Him. The book's first part introduces readers to the questions and innovations of key thinkers, while the second part examines the end times, and the final segment focuses on beyond the timelines.

The imagery of the advisor's calm voice and everyone kneeling to pray is awe-inspiring, serving as a powerful reminder of God's unwavering faithfulness. I was impressed with what the authors achieved in this book. They made it accessible by providing explanations for unfamiliar biblical words mentioned throughout. One of the highlights for me was a chapter depicting a hypothetical scenario for the End of Days.

I appreciated the book's attention to detail. In addition to the title, the subtitle gave insight into the authors' intentions. The analogy of the Jean Factory was enjoyable and helped me grasp how humans can modify the original process. The additional pieces of information in the book added vibrancy to the reading experience.

However, one aspect I found less favorable was that the author didn't always provide immediate definitions for certain words. I had to scroll down to understand some paragraphs in the book, which disrupted my reading flow. Nonetheless, it was an engaging and exceptionally well-edited book without errors. I give it a rating of four out of five stars based on the reasons mentioned above.

I recommend The Biblical Clock to historians, philosophers, and anyone interested in gaining a balanced perspective on the topic of creation.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

The serene tone of the advisor's voice and the sight of everyone kneeling in prayer create truly awe-inspiring imagery, serving as a profound testament to the unwavering faithfulness of God. The authors' accomplishments in this book left a strong impression on me. Thanks for the amazing review.
Cresswell Henderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cresswell-henderson.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Cresswell Henderson »

I just read your review, and I'm just really confused right now.
Like how possible can a book explore the parallels between science and Biblical teachings? OMG this is interesting. I must find out myself.
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

The parallel between biblical teachings and science is a line that wouldn't meet irrespective of how long we keep drawing it. I appreciate the author for giving his own perspective. Welldone.
bello jamiu5
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-jamiu5.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by bello jamiu5 »

This book is a powerful testament to the resilience and strength of the human spirit in the face of tragedy. Michelle Cowans story of overcoming the loss of her husband to a drunk driver is both heartbreaking and inspiring. The authors clear narration and use of simple language make it easy to connect with her experiences. I highly recommend Better Not Bitter to anyone who is going through a difficult period of loss or heartbreak.
bello jamiu5

Post by bello jamiu5 »

An engaging and well-edited book that explores the parallels between science and Biblical teachings. Recommended for those seeking a balanced perspective on the topic of creation, including historians and philosophers.
bello jamiu5

Post by bello jamiu5 »

An engaging and well-edited book that explores the parallels between science and Biblical teachings. Recommended for those seeking a balanced perspective on the topic of creation, including historians and philosophers.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”