Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Donald Donaldson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rowan was tasked with fetching one of his client's heirs. The good thing was that he traveled to the country where the heir lived. The bad thing was that the country was fighting a war. Rowan, being someone who loved his head on his neck, quickly located the recipient of the documents, hopped on the first ship he could find, and made his way back to Voulhire, his country. Galen was the recipient of the document. To the innocent onlooker, those papers guaranteed him an inheritance that included a house, money, and a shop. To Galen, those papers were his ticket to freedom. That was how Galen came to Voulhire. Galen expected that to be the end of his troubles. He did not know that that was just the beginning of his adventures.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the first book in We are Voulhire series. This series is about magic, faith, war, and non-stop adventure. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies introduces Voulhire and the many problems it has faced and will face in the coming years. Matthew Tysz wrote it most wonderfully. He explained everything so beautifully that I had to allow myself to be swept into the story's drama. I had no choice in the matter. This description happens to be my favorite thing in the book.

It is hardly ever easy for an author to write a book that captivates their readers. Matthew Tysz did that, leaving me with a thirst for more when I finished reading this book. Rowan's personality and the secret of his origin and history piqued my curiosity. Galen's innocence made me smile, but it also made me uneasy because something seemed off about him. Demetrius, the magic wielder who joined the story later, made me wonder about his powers and weaknesses. I particularly wondered about Demetrius' strength when he threatened to harm Rowan if he did not stop annoying him. No story has engaged my brain and captured my focus as well as We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. Please do not be surprised when I tell you that I did not dislike anything about it.

As a book void of negative aspects, it was perfect. Its editing was done exceptionally well. There was not a single error in it. Since We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies does not have a single negative aspect, I am obligated to give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Surely, you understand why I will not reduce its rating now. Please read this book and tell me whether it merits this rating or not.

Do you love adventure series? Are you a fan of stories that contain magic, knights, kings, and looming danger? We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the perfect fit for you. I recommend this to you only if you are willing to commit to reading the whole series.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”