Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Arsheen Ashraf Ali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arsheen-ashraf-ali.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by Arsheen Ashraf Ali »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Legacy of Job's Wife" by Cynthia Koelker.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Legacy of Job’s Wife
Cynthia J. Koelker

God tests us with different things, sometimes by giving us everything we want, and sometimes by taking something precious from us.

It is the story of Ix'ies, Job's beloved wife. Job was a God-fearing man whose wife only knew God through his eyes. The story revolves around Ix'ies' journey with her faith in God: how she used to question Job's faith, and then, slowly she started believing in him. However, after a heart-wrenching incident, she began to hate God. Will she regain her trust in God, or will her problems keep her away from faith?

Usually, in romance books, we get to know the characters from the time they meet, and everything from their past and future is narrated through a short story. However, in this book, you'll watch their love grow deeper and deeper, from the day Ix'ies is born to the moment she realizes her love for Job. You'll witness the time she patiently waits for him, their married life and the joy of having children. As you read, you'll live with the characters as they grow older and older, with time healing their wounds, fostering understanding, and helping each other become the perfect versions of themselves.

This novel will teach you about God and in some ways this story will mend your wounds. Through the story, you will understand that everything happens according to God's plans, and He is the best of planners. He knows what is best for us. Sometimes, He may test us, but His love encompasses all His children. Therefore, we should trust his plans.

The book was a good read, but I found it slow-paced, making it a little boring at certain points. Although I liked the overall direction of the story, I felt that the happy parts were rushed while the sad parts were drawn out, leading me to consider skipping them. Overall, I would give it a rating of 3 out of 5 for its story, which teaches us about God and the lives of people who lived without modern machines. It was interesting to learn how people survived without the conveniences we rely on today. The book highlighted the strength and determination of people from that time who were not dependent on the machines we use now.

The Legacy of Job's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
King Nyebuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-nyebuchi.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by King Nyebuchi »

It's sometimes difficult to accept that everything happens for a reason, I hope this book helps.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”