Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Deepanshu Tushir
Favorite Book: Wild World
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepanshu-tushir.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Deepanshu Tushir »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray had spent most of his life in a land devastated by war, poverty, and the harshness of its ruler. When he learns about his great-uncle, who wishes for him to inherit his forge, his life takes a completely different turn. Galen heads to Magnum Caelum in Voulhire to begin his new life, but upon arrival, he finds how much he needs to learn about this city and blacksmithing before he can begin making money. Simultaneously, King Wilhelm of Voulhire named Judge Eldus as the new lord of a town called Hillport. Both King Wilhelm and Lord Eldus see enormous promise in this town, yet it has never thrived under the previous lords' control. Lord Eldus should not only lead Hillport on a development path, but he must also remove the terror in Hillport's inhabitants that was planted by previous lords. Will Lord Eldus succeed in his mission? Will he be able to win over the locals and lead them to prosperity? Will Galen be able to put his past behind him and begin a new, better life in Voulhire? To learn more about Lord Eldus and Galen's journey, read Matthew Tysz's novel We are Voulhire, a new arrival under great skies.

The author has done an outstanding job with this novel. It was beautifully written, with brief descriptions of each character. I liked how different chapters were broken among different characters, and how each character was the main focus point in their own chapter. It was full of excitement, and the brief descriptions of various events made me feel as if I were there in Voulhire with the characters. The writing style was easy to read, and the language was also suitable for beginners. The premise is brilliantly crafted, and the story flows effortlessly from start to finish.

There was nothing about this book that I didn't like. It was a delight to read from beginning to end. The story was so captivating that I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I wish there had been more exploration of the three realms in this story, but I understand the author saved that for the next book in the series.

I only discovered one minor inaccuracy in this book, thus I believe it was professionally edited. I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars, which it perfectly deserves. Everything was flawless, from the premise to the various characters, each of whom was distinctive in their own way, and I have no reason to reduce any stars.

Because this book contains some profanity and mentions rape and pedophilia, I would recommend it to a mature audience who appreciates epic fantasy novels with magic and action.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”