Review of Just Die

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prudencio Al Carino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prudencio-al-carino.html
Latest Review: Ask Me "No" Questions by Kordel Lentine

Review of Just Die

Post by Prudencio Al Carino »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Just Die" by E Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer is a book that tells the story of Jake, a young fiancé who had a stroke that nearly brought him to death's door. Fortunately, he survived, but something within him has changed. Normally, his mother taught him to say "Just Die" instead of pointing fingers when someone did something he didn't like, for example. But this time, when he utters those words and points at someone, that person dies. Is it a gift or a curse? How will Jake decide to use these powers?

Just Die is a fairly simple and easy-to-read book with a cinematic feel. I was truly immersed in a relentless reading experience. While Jake is certainly the main character of this book, other characters are well depicted, and we come to understand them. E Alan did a great job of describing the characters' journeys, which greatly facilitated the understanding of their motives. I can't forget the history of DC, the way drugs changed her life, or Omar Carter. He is a very good friend although he has a rude life, he is a friend people can count on.

I also appreciated the resolution of the story, but what makes Just Die powerful is the relationships between the characters and the highly realistic dialogue. We quickly get a vivid image of the scenes.

Were there any negatives to this marvel? This book is simply superb, and I couldn't find any negative points to mention. The book is well-edited, and the reading experience is smooth and superb. I would like to note that the book contains a fair amount of profanity, but it adds to the realism of the dialogue. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to all non-fiction lovers. It is a book that is very suitable for everyone. If you enjoy books with a cinematic feel and you are over 14 years old, then this book is for you.

Just Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Muskan Afzal-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-afzal.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Muskan Afzal- »

Your review helps me in finding my next read. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”