Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Galen Bray's life takes an unexpected turn when he receives an opportunity to inherit his great-uncle's forge in Magnum Caelum, a city in Voulhire. However, he quickly realizes that he has much to learn about the city and blacksmithing before he can start earning a living. Meanwhile, King Wilhelm appoints Judge Eldus as the new lord of Hillport, a town with untapped potential. Eldus not only has to lead the town's development but also address the fear instilled by past rulers. Can Eldus succeed in his mission and bring prosperity to Hillport? Will Galen be able to leave his troubled past behind and embrace a brighter future in Voulhire? To delve into Lord Eldus and Galen's journeys, readers can explore Matthew Tysz's captivating novel, "We are Voulhire, A New Arrival under Great Skies."

The author exhibits exceptional craftsmanship in this novel, weaving a beautifully written narrative with concise character descriptions. I appreciate the unique structure of the book, where each chapter focuses on a different character, allowing them to shine individually. The story is brimming with excitement, and the vivid descriptions of various events transport readers to the enchanting realm of Voulhire. The writing style is accessible and suitable for readers of all levels. The meticulously crafted premise captivates from beginning to end, ensuring a seamless flow throughout.

There is truly nothing to dislike about this book; it is an absolute joy to read. The story engrossed me to such an extent that I couldn't put it down until I reached the final page. While I would have appreciated further exploration of the three realms mentioned, I understand that such details may be reserved for future installments in the series.

I didn't notice any errors in the book, which suggests a high level of professional editing. Consequently, I wholeheartedly give this book a well-deserved rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Every aspect, from the thoughtfully constructed premise to the distinctiveness of each character, was flawlessly executed, leaving no reason to deduct any stars.

Given the presence of profanity as well as mentions of sensitive topics like rape and pedophilia, I would recommend this book to mature readers who enjoy epic fantasy novels infused with magic and action.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
One piece
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-one-piece.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by One piece »

The vivid discription together with world building was what made the book even more exhilarating to read on . Great review
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

We Are Voulhire successfully balances intricate plot elements with well-crafted characters, resulting in a compelling read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”