Review of The Maestro Monologue

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chandana H N
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandana-h-n.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Chandana H N »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Maestro Monologue: Discover Your Genius written by Rob White is a non-fiction, self-help book. It does not ask you to change your character or anything. It just helps in finding out who we truly are and what great potential we possess. We are capable of being limitless. Somewhere along the line we tend to forget that fact and start creating restraints for ourselves, limiting our true self. The author reminds us of this fact through various stories, quotes and personal experiences to help us break the shell of self-doubt we have created around ourselves.

The book is divided into four parts. The first part is getting to know oneself, the true self, the Maestro. Second part tells us about the intruder, as the author calls it. Our other self who convinces us that we are a failure or miserable etc. Part three is about the Maestro Monologue or being the Maestro that the author tells us. The final part tells about WOW, Wonderful Obsession with Winning.

I really loved this book for various reasons. Before starting this book, I felt like my life is not working the way I want it to. I felt that I am in a pit of self-despair. Initially it was curiosity that drew me towards it. Then I began to see the changes in how I view things or how I react to my negative emotions that had me in a choke hold.

The writing style is simple and effective. The narration in itself is very smooth sailing. What I sincerely liked about the book is the repetitive positive affirmations. The author tells certain things over and over again and asks us to say it out loud with conviction. Each time I say it, I feel positive about myself. The repetitive affirmations convince our subconscious to believe in what we are reading, mostly to believe in ourselves.

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because there is nothing that I dislike about it. It is very well edited and I did not find any grammatical errors. I would recommend this book to everyone because it can take you on a different level of self-understanding and I believe everyone would need it.

The Maestro Monologue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

Personally, self-help books are not something I prefer much, but I still read this genre then and there. For some reason, I don't think I need any help.
Anyway, the review is great.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”