Review of Fantasy Realms Coloring Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AprilCullom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aprilcullom.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Review of Fantasy Realms Coloring Book

Post by AprilCullom »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fantasy Realms Coloring Book" by Carolina Mattos Alvarado and Steven A Ridder.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When I initially ordered this book, Fantasy Realms Coloring Book Volume I: Gnomes Homes, I thought it would be very cute and a peaceful and relaxing activity to reduce stress. I was right! This book is super creative and has lots of fun images to color. Since the topic is rather narrow, many of the images will resemble one another but the creator has done a great job at trying to differentiate the different homes and environments. Some of the pages are more detailed than others, which is great for those that enjoy the little minute details. Other pages are done with less detail that doesn't require as much concentration. I personally prefer the less detailed, but I like that this book encompassed both so that it really has something for everyone. There is a variety of architectural details on each gnome home that differentiate them. Some of the homes appear on their own with natural surroundings and others are in gnome communities with multiple houses and structures present. This provides variety to the coloring book.

Every other page in this book contains a quote that is both positive and uplifting. However, none of these quotes are attributed to anyone specific. It would be nice if this was included or if these are quotes belonging to the creator, it should mention that somewhere.

This coloring book is enjoyable to color but some of the images are blurry. The blurriness made them a little challenging to color for me. I'm not sure if this was an intentional effect that the illustrator was using or if this happened in the printing. I also think a perforated page would be a nice addition to this book, since many of us like to frame or post our work somewhere after we are finished.

I would rate this book 4 out of 5 mainly because of the blurry pictures and the lack of attributing the quotes. However, there were no grammatical errors in this book.

Overall the, Fantasy Realms Coloring Book Volume 1: Gnomes Homes, is a great addition to your adult coloring book collection. If you are looking for something cute and relaxing to color, this is it. Nothing like a fantasy world to get you out of your head after a long day of stressful work and adult responsibilities. I know I really enjoyed it and I think you would too.

Fantasy Realms Coloring Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”