Review of The Eschatology of the Christian Era

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ese Dan Ugbomoiko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ese-dan-ugbomoiko.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein

Review of The Eschatology of the Christian Era

Post by Ese Dan Ugbomoiko »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Eschatology of the Christian Era" by L. D. Swift.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The focal point of L. D. Swift's work, The Eschatology of the Christian Era, revolves around the culmination of time and the presence of Christ as expounded in Christian Theology. The author presents a compelling case for a fundamental principle in the eschatology of the Christian Era, supported by substantial evidence derived primarily from existing biblical works and research. Additionally, the author emphasizes the importance of adhering to this particular perspective in Christian eschatology, cautioning believers against deviating from it while highlighting the advantages of embracing it.

A significant portion of the book is dedicated to exploring the beliefs and impact of the Prétérists on the prophecies found in both the New Testament and Old Testament. Moreover, the author extensively examines Gospel accounts, epistles, and revelations related to the end times, aiming to shed light on their significance. Furthermore, the author presents an argument for the relevance of scriptures originating from the Old Testament."

I appreciate the inclusion of the references and notes section positioned after each chapter, as it provides additional insight into the concepts explored by the author. Furthermore, I admire the author's straightforward and candid writing style, which serves as a source of inspiration for readers to take action and fosters a sense of curiosity to thoroughly scrutinize the questions posed and the corresponding answers provided, considering their potentially significant implications.

There are no aspects of this book to find fault with. However, individuals who are not well-versed in the Bible or Christian theology may find it to be a challenging study due to its depth and complexity. Nevertheless, even for those without prior knowledge in these areas, the comprehensive explanations and references compiled by the author can still prove to be beneficial.

I gave this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars due to its ability to engage readers of all religious backgrounds, despite the occasional repetition. It successfully accommodates a wide range of readers and provides valuable insights. I highly recommend this book to individuals with an interest in Christian theology or those intrigued by religious End-time Revelations in general. The book was well-edited but i found a few grammertical errors.

The Eschatology of the Christian Era
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t think this is the book for me. I am interested in end times prophecies and I would appreciate the references and the notes, but I don’t feel that I know enough about these things to gain any practical knowledge from it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”