Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
elifreeman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elifreeman.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of The Date Farm

Post by elifreeman »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In a world where terror knows no bounds, Jack Winnick's The Date Farm unravels a captivating tale of danger and intrigue. What drives this newlywed couple, one an FBI agent and the other a Mossad operative, to leave behind their peaceful vacation and plunge into the heart of chaos? A devastating terrorist attack rocks a Beverly Hills mall. On that fateful day, terror struck with ruthless force. As shoppers went about their lives, an unimaginable horror unfolded before their eyes. The air filled with screams of panic and despair as the echoes of gunfire reverberated through the corridors.

Lives were shattered, dreams were extinguished, and innocent souls were caught in a storm of violence. Uri and Lara are thrust into a high-stakes mission to uncover the truth. With their lives hanging by a thread, they must navigate a labyrinth of deception, corruption, and hidden agendas. Will they untangle the sinister plot before it consumes them? As their journey takes them from the shadows of New York City to the clandestine world of international espionage, a haunting question lingers: Who can they trust? Where love and loyalty collide with danger at every turn. Will Uri and Lara's determination be enough to unravel the mystery, or will they become pawns in a deadly game?

The multi-perspective narration is one of the elements I appreciate in this novel, as it allows me to delve into the minds of the characters, gaining insights into their motivations and experiences. I love the dynamic and relatable protagonists, Uri Levin and Lara Edmond, whose contrasting skills and unwavering determination make them compelling and engaging. What I appreciate the most is the captivating scene that immediately grabs my attention, with a horrifying act of terrorism at a shopping mall setting the stage for a thrilling and suspenseful journey. The high-stakes action sequences keep me highly invested in the story, while the unpredictable actions and events continuously surprise and challenge my assumptions.

I dislike the limited exploration of the antagonist's backstory, which leaves me yearning for more insight into their character and motivations. Additionally, I don't appreciate the minimal attention given to secondary characters, as they fail to receive the development and depth that would make them engaging and memorable. Furthermore, I found the incomplete resolution of certain storylines to be unsatisfying, leaving me with unanswered questions and a sense of dissatisfaction.

I give The Date Farm a rating of 4 out of 5 stars, as I was captivated by its thrilling narrative and dynamic characters; however, I must deduct one star for the aspects I liked least about it. However, it is important to note that the editing quality of this novel is exceptional, as it is flawlessly crafted without any errors. I recommend this incredible novel to fans of action-packed thrillers and those who appreciate exceptionally well-edited novels.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”