Review of The Eschatology of the Christian Era

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Review of The Eschatology of the Christian Era

Post by Andrada Madalina »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Eschatology of the Christian Era" by L. D. Swift.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Eschatology of the Christian Era by L. D. Swift is a non-fiction book about God's mystery and plan. It illustrates an overview of some biblical prophecies from the New Testament and their analysis. Also, the book emphasizes topics such as preterism, parousia, and the Apocalypse.

Briefly, the 10 chapters of this book focus on the apostolic period from 30 to 70 AD. What is Christian eschatology? But the Olivet Discourse? How do I properly interpret a biblical passage? The reader will know the answers to these questions after reading this study of the eschatological doctrines.

I liked the well-organized structure of the discourse. Each chapter offered a broad analysis of the biblical passages and illustrated a relevant conclusion. Also, I appreciated that each chapter presented its references and notes, but above all, I loved that the interpretations of the passages from the New Testament were made according to the temporal context of the use of some terms. For instance, I liked that the author outlined the guidelines for an objective interpretation and put the emphasis on the passage's context.

Another positive aspect of this book was the different methods of interpretation of the end-time passages, both from a moral and literal point of view. I liked that the author explained the logic of some prophecies and controversial theories and their meanings and conclusions. For example, he presented the eschatology of the New Testament both from a biblical and historical perspective, which allowed the reader to decipher the plan of God for mankind. Also, I appreciated that the author offered valuable advice for the accurate interpretation of a parable.

I did not find any negative aspects of this book, so I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I appreciated that the author offered a clear analysis of the biblical texts so the reader would not be confused by the language of some apostles. I enjoyed the speculations about the final coming of Jesus, although I sometimes encountered difficulties with the ambiguous terminology. Also, The Eschatology of the Christian Era was professionally edited. I only discovered three minor errors that did not influence my reading.

I recommend this book to believers in Jesus' coming, especially those interested in Christian eschatology. It is perfect for people who enjoy the analysis of biblical passages but not for those who may be sensitive to references about homosexuality from a Christian point of view. Also, The Eschatology of the Christian Era is suitable for a large audience because it has no profanity or erotic content.

The Eschatology of the Christian Era
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

This book mainly focuses on Matthew chapters 24 and 25 as it was repeated many times in the book. It was about the parousia, in other words, the coming of Jesus Christ at the end of time. It refreshes my knowledge about the important parables in the Bible. This book is recommended to biblical scholars and theologians as they can relate to the passages very much. Also, Christian believers. Your review is wonderful, Andrada!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”