Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann
fav_author_id: 2379
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 183%

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Salah bourouba »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is an action-crime thriller that tells the story of a group of terrorists who plan to execute a huge terror attack on US soil. However, when they were making preparations in Honduras, a US tourist who was on her honeymoon with her detective husband stumbled upon their operation and decided that they needed to figure out what was going on and try to prevent whatever they were planning with the help of her brother, who is a US Senator, before it's too late, especially since people's lives are at risk.

What I liked about the book was how gripping the start of the story was; it actually made it impossible for me to put it down and enticed me to keep reading to figure out what would happen at the end. There was also the shift of stories; the author formed the plot as sections of each one of the characters' perspectives and points of view, and even though there were several, he managed to make it very obvious and easy to catch the switch and still follow the story. The humorous moments that the author managed to embed in the story were very helpful in keeping the plot light and fun to read.

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the book except for the cover, and I think they could do a lot better to balance the content of the book. especially since the editing was also exceptionally done and there were no grammatical or spelling mistakes that I noticed.

I would rate this book 5 out of 5. Overall, I really enjoyed the book, even though at the end it started to get a little fast-paced, but it wasn't that disturbing. The profanity was also kept to a minimum, which is also a bonus. The book was voted book of the month in December 2019, so if you want to figure out how great it is, you should pick up a copy.

I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy action thrillers. With no age restriction in mind, it is suitable for all readers, young or old, because it has the common element that everybody enjoys, which is an exciting action thriller, the fight between good and evil, and the question of who will win at the end. Even though a lot of people prefer good to win, sometimes it's a good change of pace when you come up with something different.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

E M P Honeymoon explores the complexities of relationships in a thought-provoking way.
David Samanthaa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

The vivid descriptions in EMP Honeymoon make the story come alive. The author does a fantastic job of portraying the sudden shift from paradise to peril.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”