Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Sheen Jenny »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"EMP Honeymoon: Kelly & Tom" by Dorothy May Mercer is an electrifying novel that seamlessly combines elements of romance, action, and suspense while shedding light on the profound impact of technology on society, national security, and individual lives. Set against the backdrop of a captivating honeymoon adventure, this book takes readers on a thrilling ride filled with twists, turns, and heart-pounding moments.

The story follows newlyweds Sergeant Tom Turbulo and Kelly McBride as they embark on their romantic getaway. However, their blissful vacation takes a treacherous turn when Kelly stumbles upon a secret high-tech lab disguised as a gift shop. Unbeknownst to her, this discovery reveals a dangerous conspiracy threatening the United States. As Tom and Kelly find themselves entangled in a web of deception, they must team up with special service agents to unravel the terrorists' plans and prevent a devastating attack.

One of the strengths of this book is the author's storytelling style, which is both descriptive and immersive. Mercer effectively brings the scenes to life, allowing readers to visualize the events as they unfold. The story is filled with intense action sequences, suspenseful moments, and clever humor, making it a captivating read from start to finish. Moreover, Mercer demonstrates a commendable understanding of technology, space, geography, physics, and nuclear warfare, incorporating them seamlessly into the narrative.

While the book boasts several strengths, one aspect that could have been improved is the portrayal of Dr. Lee's leadership style. As a character in charge of the JHG operation, his tyrannical nature felt somewhat one-dimensional and could have benefited from further development. As for dislikes, the book could have benefited from further exploration of certain conflicts. At times, the resolution of conflicts felt rushed, and a bit more development would have added depth to the story. Also, I personally feel that some sentences could be phrased differently for better comprehension. However, this minor drawback does not detract significantly from the overall enjoyment of the story.

I rate "E M P Honeymoon: Kelly & Tom" 5 out of 5 stars because it was exceptionally edited and there were no errors. The book excels in delivering a fast-paced and suspenseful narrative with well-crafted characters and an intriguing plot.

Finally, I recommend this book for readers who enjoy action-packed novels, particularly those with an interest in technology, patriotism, and thrilling adventures.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Collins Umunnakwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collins-umunnakwe.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Collins Umunnakwe »

Conspiracy theories about the United States are usually packed with action, whether fiction or non-fiction. A nice review, I'll get to read this soon
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

I've read many reviews about this book and they all made me interested. Yours is also clear and intriguing and I think I should read it. I liked your review as well. Nice job!
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien
Gillian Walter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer-mogzi.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Gillian Walter »

This statement 'an electrifying novel that seamlessly combines elements of romance, action, and suspense while shedding light on the profound impact of technology on society, national security, and individual lives' compels me so much to read this book. It promises an exciting plot. Nice review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

I am certain that this book contains so much twists and turns. It is a novel that depicts science and technology. I am looking forward to reading this book to enjoy the plot. Thanks for an interesting review.
Susan John Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan John Peter »

However, the review could benefit from further exploration of the thematic elements present in the piece. While the analysis covers the surface-level components effectively, delving into the underlying messages, symbolism, or social commentary would enhance the overall depth of the review.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

EMP Honeymoon is not just a survival story; it's a tale of resilience and love. The newlyweds' unwavering support for each other is truly touching

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”