Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by MsChet Cherry »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Soon, the tiny little mouse is going to take down that big, old, fat elephant," said Dear Leader, as he watched in disgust the cheering and uproar that emanated from the audience while they listened to President Bigelow's unprecedented speech. Consequently, an army was assembled, enormous research was carried out, rigorous training was executed, and many lives were lost, all in a bid to achieve Dear Leader's ultimate goal. What is this goal?

Meanwhile, on the little island of Honduras, a panic call was made by Kelly (the newlywed) to her brother, Senator Mike McBride, after she stumbled on something so horrific in a tiny gift shop with an unusual storefront during her honeymoon vacation. What did Kelly discover? What are her chances of survival? How will America react to this? You may have to read to find out.

EMP Honeymoon: Kelly & Tom is a fictional work of art by Dorothy May Mercer. It narrated the ordeal of the newlyweds, Kelly and Tom, during their honeymoon getaway. I was fascinated when I found out that EMP stands for electromagnetic pulse, and even more intriguing is the reason behind the use of the name by the author. Dorothy meticulously crafted this piece, which was infused with terrorism, politics, mysteries, and romance. I enjoyed the author's writing style as she employs the right cadence, which ensures accurate pacing and perfect flow. The intense research conducted by the author was evident in the well-structured analysis of technical nuances encountered in the book. The Low Earth Orbit (LEO) device, Octobot, and USA Space Force are some of the few examples. The sprinkles of humor throughout the story enlightened my mood and created a well-balanced atmosphere. I couldn't suppress the chuckle when President Bigelow mistook the Octobot for a pink spider.

Unfortunately, I felt some parts of the story lost their flavor because they were a little bit rushed. A typical example is the capture of Colonel Rhee Su-jin and her team. I expected some form of resistance and a mind-blowing plot twist. However, this observation did not detract from my enjoyment of the book.

I commend the author for a job well done because I noticed the book was exceptionally well edited, as I encountered no errors while reading it. Hence, I have no reason not to award it a full rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of crime, mysteries, and romance thrillers. Those interested in robotics and cybernetics will also find it intriguing.
Ā 

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Iā€™m The Same by James Ungurait

Post by Obc Contentor »

Wow, I enjoyed how you present the book's conflict. It's intriguing. I enjoyed reading this book because of the author writing style and how it start climactic scene.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

Your review is so refreshing. It made me think about how events interacted throughout the story. well-written review šŸ‘ Ms Chet
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I never thought this book has some robotic themes. It was an unforgettable honeymoon for Tom and Kelly, indeed, but on a different level. I hope they're safe in the end. Thanks for your wonderful review, Ms. Chet!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This book really intrigues me, based on your review. I have a lot of questions about what really happens in their honeymoon and all the obstacles they encounter! Also great to hear that there is humour in the story too, it seems very well balanced. Thanks for a great review! šŸ™‚
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

This is indeed a fascinating thriller. One would hardly fortell that such an incident will occur in yhe middle of a honeyoon. Great reviewšŸ˜Œ
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

The exquisite locations chosen for Emp Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer created a truly enchanting experience.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

I was captivated by the characters' journey in EMP Honeymoon. Their struggle to survive while maintaining their bond adds depth to this thrilling tale.

Return to ā€œVolunteer Reviewsā€