Review of Wisdom

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: painkiller brainkiller by James m powers II

Review of Wisdom

Post by Seetha E »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wisdom" by Arun mago.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Arun Mago has a background in finance. Alongside his profession as a certified public accountant, he is also an investor, life coach, and author. Wisdom is a non-fiction book authored by Arun Mago. Through this book, which is a compilation of several small posts on varied topics, he wants to draw out how our highly casual conduct toward little things contributes to our personalities and serves as the foundation for who we ultimately become. His insights will make us re-evaluate the way we live our lives.

I like his decision to focus on instructors in the first chapter. He described a teacher as someone who promotes learning. He convinces us that our parents are our finest and first instructors and that learning begins at home with them. Friends, nature, difficult people, and circumstances are our other teachers. He discusses being responsible, offers a mnemonic, and lists the traits of a responsible person. He demonstrates why reason triumphs over feeling. He stresses the value of being productive rather than just superficially occupied. He discusses the natural world and how everything that God created is wonderful. He advises taking on new challenges and talks about avoiding comfort-driven restrictions. He also discusses the difficulties brought on by politicians, black money, and cell phones. He highlights how everyone will have a dangerously awful future because of this black culture.

He shared how he started his career as an employee but did not stagnate there. He said we need to be willing to do our best, persevere, and continuously polish our skills, as it will help us grow. His piece on investments, retirement, and savings is one of my favorites. He pushes the reader to take on the difficulties head-on and see them as a chance to excel. He also discusses the delicious delight of success following numerous failures.

He mentions how people today are insensitive and are not present wholeheartedly anywhere but are busy on their phones. He has lovingly compared mothers to God. He said we should always be close to our parents, care for them, and keep them comfortable. There is a chapter about not faking or putting on a mask for the people outside. He vouches for patient behavior at all times and lists the disadvantages of impatience. The closing chapter talks about the potential role of women in politics and about chasing dreams.

I appreciate that the language used was simple. I loved the use of mnemonics, which helped me relate to the author's line of thought and make a quick memory of it. He appears to be a person who is close to his parents, follows a spiritual path, and has worked hard to be where he is now. He is also ready to share his views with anyone who would listen. I applaud the author for emphasizing the significance of the little things in life.

However, the book lacks the profound effect it appeared to have on the cover and in the subject description. Although the reader will realize that this is a compilation of postings later in the book, grouping comparable subjects and attempting to keep a flow for the reader would have been beneficial. Although offered as a joke, I found the mnemonic for 'wife' rather offensive. In addition, I discovered a number of inaccuracies in the book. With a re-edit for language, typos, and punctuation issues, this book will undoubtedly be a superior piece of work. Hence, I would give this book four out of five stars.

This 113-page book contains 30 thought-provoking topics for people of all ages.

Wisdom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Firstly, I like the title of this book. The author's points on continuously polishing our skills, and the insensitive character due to the busyness of phones remind readers. The book seems to offer a lot of wisdom from the author. Your review is excellent, Seetha!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Seetha E

Post by Seetha E »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 30 Aug 2023, 22:47 Firstly, I like the title of this book. The author's points on continuously polishing our skills, and the insensitive character due to the busyness of phones remind readers. The book seems to offer a lot of wisdom from the author. Your review is excellent, Seetha!
Thanks for your kind comments Hazel.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

This book seems to have abundant advice to improve our lives and put us on the right track. You skillfully analyzed this book and highlighted its main points, Seetha. I think I'm a bit lost on the significance of the cover and its relation to the contents of the book. Thanks for this brilliant review; you did a fantastic job!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Slippery Road. by L. M. Bollers

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Is the book long or short? I want to read this one. It seems great book. thanks
Seetha E

Post by Seetha E »

Ram Uday Mahajan wrote: 16 Sep 2023, 13:32 Is the book long or short? I want to read this one. It seems great book. thanks
It is a quick read. Sorry for a delayed response though.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”