Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Milisandia
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milisandia.html
Latest Review: The Mighty Esox by G. Edward Martin
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Milisandia »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress A Practical Guide by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D. and Alexandra Gold, M.A., is a very useful guide. Everyone experiences anxiety and stress. If it becomes a problem, this book can be used as an aid to help relieve those symptoms.

There are helpful breathing exercises and good advice on which healthy foods to eat. It describes the benefits of certain vitamins and which foods to avoid. There is advice on managing stress and anxiety and general advice on healthy living. It mentions which herbs to take for anti-aging and better mental clarity. It explains how important exercises like walking or swimming are in your daily life and how beneficial yoga is.

A section describes familiar herbs like lavender and chamomile and many more, and how best to use these to relieve stress. It gives you quantities to take, how often, and what the side effects are. There are warnings regarding overuse and consulting with your doctor before you begin using any supplements.
The book is divided into short, clearly defined sections. I found it very helpful when I wanted to go back and reread that exercise I wanted to do, or get the name of that vitamin I wanted to try. It is something you want to have in your library for continued use.

Several nutrient-based remedies sound helpful; however, they are not readily available in my local stores, but most are available online.

I would rate this 5 out of 5 stars. It is very thorough. It explained in detail what anxiety and stress were. It gave many ways of coping with them without the use of pharmaceuticals. It gave me hope that I could help myself with some changes in lifestyle, like eating healthy foods and exercising. I found myself doing the slow-breathing exercises as I was reading about them. I found it easy to understand, and very informative.

I would recommend this to anyone who has experienced stress and anxiety in their life and wants help to relieve them without taking medicine that can be addictive and cause problems. This is a book you would want to keep as a guide. It had an Appendix at the back with guides for shopping and a list of herbal remedies, natural remedies, and nutrient-based remedies that were mentioned earlier, as well as the psychological symptoms addressed by the remedy and how the remedy works.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Abbra Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbra-marsh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Abbra Marsh »

Kinrys' holistic wisdom goes beyond quick fixes, offering a transformative path to stress relief.
Ejoh Ebube
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Karmic Selling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejoh-ebube.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Ejoh Ebube »

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress offers actionable advice backed by research.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”