Review of Final Act

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hakim Kelvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakim-kelvin.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Re: Review of Final Act

Post by Hakim Kelvin »

I was impressed with how the author wrote the plot of this book. The suspense and twists were really worth it. This book was an amazing read.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Esther ekunola
Bookshelf Size: 36
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

An inventive, smart young man who escaped the hardships of Mumbai, did not expect to find himself in the middle of crime scenes. As he creates a watch , not just any watch but a smart one that he has designed to detect the untimely death of anyone wearing it.

His intentions as he mentions in the book for the watch, was to assist senior citizens in preparing the necessary deeds before they die. Unfortunately this creates a society of old people who fulfill revenge and settle their violent scores shortly before they leave for death .

Mildred Pierce is an amazing old woman who cannot wait to see her very own best friend for the last time for a cup of tea. On her way there to the coffee shop, she is sprayed with mud by a passerby with a speeding car of which leaves her muddy and confused about where she should start. She wonders if this would have happened to her if she wasn't a senior citizen . Her anger spiralled and all the things that had unfortunately happened to her while younger including a rape by colleagues in the army ,causing her to take out her gun and shoot at the culprits .

This book has shown how not to take certain things that have happened to you lightly. Anger is a powerful weapon that can consume you . What I love about the book is that all the people that commit these crimes are people that will not get the chance to sleep in jail. That for me is a smart move.

A 5 out of 5 rating for this piece by Van Fleisher. He is exceptional and good at describing every little detail and scene. He is an independent writer who allows the reader to use their imagination and that's exactly my kind of author.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”