Review of All Body Bags and No Knickers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of All Body Bags and No Knickers

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus is a captivating passage that sets the stage for intrigue and suspense. It introduces us to Catherine, a part-time florist, as she navigates the complexities of her life, relationships, and unexpected encounters. The book teases hidden secrets and tensions simmering beneath the surface, creating an atmosphere ripe for exploration.

Catherine chats with her co-worker Orla, offering relationship advice and briefly discussing her boyfriend, Chance Yang. She later heads to a jazz bar to meet friends for an al fresco celebration. Along the way, she encounters Patricia, her godfather's partner, and Felipe Kazama, sparking a conversation that hints at hidden tensions and mysteries. Brexit, personal experiences, and politics serve as the backdrop for a suspenseful exchange of stories and passionate debates.

The book excels at creating an atmosphere of intrigue from the very beginning. Hidden secrets, unsolved tensions, and mysteries lie beneath the surface, drawing readers into the narrative.
The character interactions are well-crafted, with subtle hints and foreshadowing that keep readers guessing about the relationships and histories between the characters, particularly Patricia and Felipe. The font of the book was nice. The passage masterfully uses witty banter and playful remarks to foreshadow deeper conflicts and secrets. This adds depth to the narrative and keeps readers engaged.

While the book excels at building suspense and intrigue, it leaves readers with many unanswered questions. Some may find this lack of resolution frustrating, as it raises more mysteries than it resolves. The inclusion of Brexit and political discussions may be seen as a distraction by some readers, as it adds complexity to an already intricate narrative. It may not resonate with those looking for a more straightforward story. I found no errors in this book. This book was well edited.

"All Body Bags and No Knickers" is a tantalizing read, and there is no doubt that it exceeds my expectations. It excels in creating suspense and mystery. While the lack of resolution and complex themes may deter some readers, those who enjoy intricate character dynamics and a suspenseful atmosphere will find this book to be a captivating read. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. My above flaws are not worth taking a star from the book. The book leaves readers eagerly anticipating the unraveling of the mysteries lurking beneath the surface. I recommend this book to young readers and scholars.

All Body Bags and No Knickers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I certainly don't like it when authors leave stories with unresolved themes or with inconclusive or confusing endings. Thanks for your review.
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Jessica Azuka »

So, this book details the life of a Catherine, a character created by the author and her life experiences. I only wonder where and how the book's title came about. I am intrigued.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

The title of the book alone was catchy enough to captivate my attention. I definitely look forward to reading this book.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

This book hints at a complex story of suspense, intrigue, and thrill. It gives this secretive vibe that makes me so eager to explore the story.
Puckett Elizabeth Marie
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puckett-elizabeth-marie.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Puckett Elizabeth Marie »

I love your review but I will give this a pass thanks for this breaking down the book in your review.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

Great review here. You broke down every section appropriately. An interesting read I must say, the story-line is top notch, the characters are well developed and I definitely want to read this.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nenye Charles »

All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus sounds like an interesting book to read. I would definitely be picking this. Thank you for a great review.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

I appreciate your feedback on the review. It's clear that the book's top-notch storyline and well-developed characters have piqued your interest, making it a compelling read for you.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Florence Daniel »

Catherine's journey to a jazz bar for an al fresco celebration brings encounters with Patricia, her godfather's partner, and Felipe Kazama. These interactions add layers of mystery and hidden tensions to the narrative. Brexit, personal experiences, and politics serve as a backdrop for suspenseful exchanges and passionate debates, further intensifying the atmosphere.
Kikelomo Awowole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikelomo-awowole.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Kikelomo Awowole »

I definitely look forward to reading this book. I appreciate your feedback on the review.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus sets a captivating stage with Catherine, a florist navigating life's complexities and unexpected encounters. Interactions with co-worker Orla, boyfriend Chance Yang, and encounters at a jazz bar hint at hidden tensions and mysteries amidst Brexit and passionate debates.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"All Body Bags and No Knickers" by Shawe Ruckus sets a captivating stage of intrigue and suspense, following Catherine, a part-time florist, as she navigates life's complexities and unexpected encounters, teasing hidden secrets and tensions awaiting exploration.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”