Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker is an enthralling novel that beckons readers to explore a world where the boundaries of reality blur. It's a journey that uncovers the mysterious and pushes the limits of what we perceive as real. Dive into this gripping narrative that invites you to question the very nature of the reality we inhabit, making you question what lies beyond the edges of the known. This is a book that would awe you.

Zona is a mysterious and remote region. It's a place filled with intrigue and danger where the ordinary rules of reality seem to bend. As our protagonist embarks on an expedition into this enigmatic land, we are immediately drawn into a world of unknown possibilities and eerie occurrences. The story begins with the protagonist's arrival in Zona, a place that defies conventional understanding. From the outset, there's an undercurrent of suspense and mystery as our character seeks to uncover the secrets hidden within this forbidden territory. As they journey deeper into Zona, they encounter strange phenomena, cryptic symbols, and unsettling encounters with the enigmatic locals. The narrative weaves together elements of science fiction, adventure, and the unknown, keeping readers on edge as they delve further into this extraordinary and perplexing realm. With every step into the forbidden land, the reader's curiosity is piqued, and the suspense continues to mount. What lies at the heart of Zona? What secrets are waiting to be unveiled?

Fred G. Baker's writing is filled with rich and vivid imagery, which enhances the reader's experience. The imagery helps paint a detailed picture of the world of Zona, making it come alive in the reader's mind. For example, the description of the ever-changing landscapes in Zona is evocative and contributes to the book's overall appeal. Throughout the book, characters undergo personal growth and transformation as they confront the mysteries of Zona. This adds depth to the narrative and allows readers to connect with the characters on a deeper level. The book maintains a sense of tension and uncertainty, keeping readers guessing about the true nature of Zona and its enigmatic inhabitants. As the protagonist delves deeper into the mysteries, the tension builds, and readers are left in suspense about the ultimate revelation. There weren't any errors while reading, which shows the book was properly edited.

The complex relationships between characters may require close attention from readers to fully grasp, and some relationships could benefit from further development and clarity. This could be seen in Irina and Grant. This was a minor challenge and wasn't an issue while reading. Hence, I would rate this book five out of five stars. I would also recommend it to lovers of books on expeditions and discoveries.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

The level of creativity Fred Baker put to work in order to bring this book to life deserves all the accolades. His vivid description of places animals or events is one key strength of this book. Congrats on a great review.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Jane Honda »

Fred G. Baker's 'Zona: The Forbidden Land' invites readers on a thrilling expedition into a mysterious and perilous realm. The narrative skillfully blends science fiction, adventure, and suspense, keeping readers captivated with vivid imagery and a sense of tension. The exploration of Zona's ever-changing landscapes and the characters' personal growth contribute to the book's depth. While complex character relationships may require close attention, it doesn't detract significantly from the overall experience. With flawless editing and an enticing narrative, this book earns a five-star rating. Recommended for those who love books on expeditions and discoveries.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Agbata Trust »

This book takes you on a thrilling journey where reality gets curious. It's like exploring a world of mystery and strange happenings. The vivid descriptions make it feel real, and the suspense keeps you hooked. If you enjoy adventures and discovering the unknown, this book is a great choice!
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

I love every aspect of this book. The characters, plot, and the font is charming. The books takes you on a journey of intriguing adventure filled with fears and joy. I love your review. Kudos.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

I must commend you for the way you write your reviews. Your words bring out the essence of the book. I'll try to apply that while writing. As for Zona, my interest has been piqued.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

Thank you for your kind words. Exploring "Zona" seems like a captivating venture, considering its intriguing content. If you decide to delve into it, I hope it proves to be an enriching experience.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I love the author's creative imagination, as well as his descriptive writing throughout the novel. I cannot wait to read the sequel. I enjoyed reading your well-written, thorough book review. Well done!
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Nice book . I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for this engaging review.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

Thank you for your valuable review on this book, which make me felt reading this book by building a keen interest. Thank you
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

I love how your review captured the what Zona is like. This book is filled with lots of suspense as group of scientists go on a second trip to Zona after the sudden disappearnce of Randall. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”