Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donaldo cris
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

Post by Donaldo cris »

[Following is a volunteer review of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L. Junior presents a dystopian world where technological advancements have caused both miraculous cures and disastrous consequences. Dr. Drake Nathan's cybernetic chip initially brought hope by curing diseases, but its widespread use led to humanity's decline. The subsequent technology era and eventual apocalypse era set the stage for a gripping narrative. Sounds thrilling, right? Read to learn more.

This story introduces us to Kaarina and Monty, orphaned abnormals with unique abilities, on their journey to the Berserkers Guild, the one place that promises acceptance and safety. The author, Mike L. Junior, skillfully crafts well-developed characters with distinct abilities, and the vivid descriptions transport readers to the chaotic Dead Zone filled with challenges like lizards, giants, and imposing Blood Lycans.

This book was no doubt an amazing read for me. However, some issues marred my reading experience. The book's narrative switches between past and present tenses, which left me confused at times while I read the book. Mission classifications like S-Class and A-Class were unclear and not fully understood by me. I also observed only two errors in this book, which shows that it was professionally edited by the author. Other than this, I don't have any issues with this book.

Despite the compelling plot and captivating storyline, these issues diminished my overall reading experience. This book contains thought-provoking themes such as the implications of advanced technology, discrimination, and the essence of humanity. I really enjoyed the humor in this book and the author's well-detailed write-up. I commend him for that. Although the book explores fascinating elements, I can't help but rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted one star from this book due to the issues I had with it. I recommend this book to people who love books that offer an engaging exploration of science fiction, morality, and the human condition. This will be a great read for you.

WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior sounds like an engaging dive into a dystopian world shaped by both miraculous cures and catastrophic consequences of technological advancements. Dr. Drake Nathan's cybernetic chip introduces hope initially, only to lead to humanity's decline, setting the stage for a captivating narrative.
Donald Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-christian.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Donald Christian »

WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior offers an immersive exploration of a dystopian world influenced by both miraculous medical advancements and the dire consequences of rapid technological progress. Dr. Drake Nathan's cybernetic chip initially introduces hope for humanity but ultimately contributes to its downfall, setting the stage for a compelling and enthralling narrative.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Your overview of "WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior eloquently captures the immersive nature of the book, detailing a dystopian world shaped by both remarkable medical advancements and the devastating repercussions of rapid technological growth. The introduction of Dr. Drake Nathan's cybernetic chip initially instills hope but ultimately leads to humanity's downfall, laying the foundation for a captivating and engrossing narrative.
Lisa Carlos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-carlos.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Lisa Carlos »

Thank you for the acknowledgment! You've encapsulated the essence of "WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior remarkably well. The book intricately portrays a dystopian society influenced by remarkable medical advancements and the catastrophic aftermath of rapid technological progress. The introduction of Dr. Drake Nathan's cybernetic chip initially inspires hope but eventually leads to the decline of humanity, setting the stage for a gripping and immersive narrative. Well-summarized!
Syanda Mkhwanazi
Currently Reading: A God-Balanced Life
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syanda-mkhwanazi.html
Latest Review: A Curate in Love by Richard Hughes

Post by Syanda Mkhwanazi »

Too much inventions always set the world up for downfall, the technological progress could've been contained if it wasn't overdone. I loved how the author tries to interconnect the plotline between the past and future. Thanks for your review.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Mrs. Ashley's First BBC by Mr and Mrs BCFlyers2016

Post by Nenye Charles »

I’d like to know more about Kaarina and Monty. This book portrays the adverse effects of technology in our contemporary society. The author has done a great job to elucidate this. Kudos for a great review.
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Alexander Victoria »

Mike L. Junior's 'WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings' plunges readers into a dystopian tapestry where miraculous cures and technological disasters collide. Follow Kaarina and Monty's riveting journey through a chaotic Dead Zone, encountering lizards, giants, and Blood Lycans, as they seek acceptance and safety in the elusive Berserkers Guild.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

The cautionary tale of excessive inventions leading to downfall is a prominent theme in the book, emphasized by the author's skillful interweaving of past and future plotlines. Your review highlights the thoughtful exploration of this concept, shedding light on the intricacies of technological progress and its potential consequences.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior explores a dystopian future shaped by technological breakthroughs. Dr. Drake Nathan's invention initially promised hope but ultimately led to catastrophic consequences.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”