Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by Sandre Lamar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The ongoing wave of Islamic terrorism in America persists, claiming numerous lives. A stark illustration is the September 11, 2001, operation. Yet again, a sudden bombing disrupts a Yom Kippur service at the Orthodox Synagogue in New York City, resulting in significant casualties. As investigations were summoned, Lara Edmond opted in, aligning with Mossad agent Uri Levin once again to address this terrorist threat.

Devil Among Us: Lara and Uri Book 2 by Jack Winnick is a rapid and action-packed fiction portraying the endeavors of two courageous individuals determined to end terrorism in their homeland.

The book captivates with its intense action sequences. From the outset, it sets the stage for readers to anticipate forthcoming events, compelling me to eagerly flip through the pages. Beyond its entertainment value, the book serves as an educational gem, offering accurate insights into Middle Eastern activities impacting the United States. The narrative feels so realistic that one could perceive it as a historical event. The author's meticulous research is evident in the precise portrayal of character names and geographical locations. The descriptive writing style brings characters and events to life, transcending typical fiction. The naming system for the characters, such as Yizkor, Saul, and Husayni, authentically reflects the cultural and environmental backdrop of the story. All, in all, I have nothing to dislike about the book.

On the literary front, I only identified one significant grammar error, indicating professional editing. Consequently, I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. If you can tolerate descriptions of brutal incidents and bombings and appreciate a fast-paced, heart-pounding writing style, this book is worth exploring.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes it addresses are related to the crisis. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”