Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan, by Dorothy May Mercer, is a mix of digital adventures and love stories. Join the characters in a world of online crime-fighting and romance that mirrors our real-life challenges. The author weaves a tale that's easy to follow, capturing the essence of modern struggles in our tech-driven reality. Dive into a simple yet exciting journey through the pages of this book!"

Cynthia and Dan, by Dorothy May Mercer, is a story where cyber battles mix with romance. Follow Cynthia, a determined investigator, as she uncovers political secrets and deals with the complexity of drones. Amid the digital challenges, a mysterious character named Sky adds unexpected excitement to her journey. In a tale reflecting our real-world intricacies, this book delves into the difficulties of fighting crime in the digital age. As Cynthia faces matters of the heart and high-stakes espionage, this book offers a captivating story mirroring the essence of our connected world. Embark on an exciting adventure blending love, mystery, and the secrets of cyberspace. Don't miss out; get your copy now for a tale that keeps you hooked until the very end!

This book captivates readers with its thrilling plot and engaging characters. The author, Dorothy May Mercer, skillfully weaves a tale that keeps you hooked from start to finish. One positive aspect is the relatability of the characters. For instance, when Cynthia navigates the world of cyber warfare, readers can connect with the challenges and excitement of our digital age. The writing style is straightforward, allowing the story to unfold seamlessly. The use of simple language enhances the accessibility of the book, making it an enjoyable read for a wide audience. The character of Sky introduces an element of mystery and excitement. Finally, the book had no errors, which indicates careful editing.

One downside of this book is that the story lacks detailed exploration, especially in moments like the resolution of the drone mystery. Also, some characters in the book may feel a bit one-dimensional. For example, the portrayal of Sky Eastman lacks depth, and readers might crave more complexity in his character to enhance the overall reading experience. Having this in mind, I would rate this book four out of five stars.

I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy romantic stories and cybercrime.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Cynthia's life must be exciting. This book also contains so many themes that interest me political thriller, cyber networks, and a touch of armed forces. Interesting!
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

Cynthia was strong in her professional life, but I was surprised at how weak she was in her love life. She stayed in a stagnant relationship with Dan and then dove into a controlling, overbearing one with Sky. I did enjoy the dialogue between Cynthia and her computer colleagues, which was entertaining. Terrific book review!
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

The book was quite interesting but I didn't like how the author showcased Cynthia and Dan's relationship. Sky added more depth to the plot which made the book more interesting. The tech used in the book was top notch.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

Thank you for your valuable review on this book, which make me felt reading this book by building a keen interest. Thank you
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

What I enjoyed about this book most was the cyber war, we're technology was deployed to fighting terrorist. This is something the world should be looking at adopting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”