Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Loretta Morris 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids" by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book has a very nice story line. The story gave the reader a sense of love for family and God. Great communication between the two parents and their children which represent good parental skills. When Emma, the older sister told her story about heaven to her family, her little sister Bella showed excitement which indicated to the reader, she was eager to learn about heaven, and she saw her older sister as a great role model. For children, positive role models are very important and impressive when expressed in children's books. The family read their bibles every night which indicated good Christian values which I liked very much. When Emma took another trip to heaven, and she described God and Jesus together. She indicated they were the same age and looked a like but wore different color clothing. I like the description, because it indicated that God and Jesus in one which is described in the bible. They are a unit and one does not operate without the other one.

The downside to this book is the reader needs to see more descriptive words in the story. The reader should be able to visualize actions with clarity. Unfortunately, I could not visualize it. Also illustrations could be clearer. For example, when Emma and Bella were taken to heaven, maybe more emphasis on the angels wings in flight? The reader needs to feel the lift from the earth making the trip to heaven. Also story should align with biblical facts. On page 13 "I'm glad there are animals in heaven, Bella sighed".......etc. Animals exist on earth for man to comfort, and food. There is no information in the bible suggesting animals going to heaven when they die. Also, If these recommendations can be changed, I, the reader give this book a score of 3. There were two grammar errors, Page 1 "Emma and Bella had everything a little girl could want." and Page 23. the bible say it is." I gave it a score of 3 because of the facts of animals existing in heaven does not align with bible principle.

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Great review! It's clear you found value in the story's emphasis on family love, Christian values, and the portrayal of positive role models, which are indeed vital elements in children's literature. Your suggestion about enhancing the depiction of the angels' wings to convey the ascension to heaven is a creative way to deepen the reader's engagement with the story.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Children’s stories are not really my thing. I do, however, think that this is an awesome story. The fact that the kids see the things like they are told and that their parents believe them without question really make me happy. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”