Review by alimsj827 -- The Banned Book about Love

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
alimsj827
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alimsj827.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Review by alimsj827 -- The Banned Book about Love

Post by alimsj827 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Banned Book about Love by Scott Hughes is a short yet interesting read. It is outlines the author’s feelings about love versus hate, and the line that every single human walks daily. Since I don’t want to give too much away about this 14 page book, I will say that this book truly is about love in its purest sense. It touches on the aspect(s) of love that today we rarely acknowledge as something that is possible, much less sit down and think about. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I really enjoyed Hughes’ work. It was a philosophical without being pretentious, which I personally think is very impressive. It shed a light on hate that I never considered before as I am quick to judge and slow to think things completely through. I loved that The Banned Book about Love was open, honest, and accepting. I felt that every question that came up, either by the author’s hand or by my mind while reading was addressed and answered.

I did find that this book was a little difficult to read. To be fair, the first time I read this I was in a noisy environment. Upon the second read, it was much easier to follow and understand. I am absolutely ready to accept that the difficulty I faced was completely my fault. More importantly, the language is not particularly hard, and it is well edited with no grammatical errors as far as I can tell. But some of the sentence structure is definitely advanced and might require a double read for full comprehension. Personally, knowing this book is more philosophical, as mentioned by Hughes, I went into this book assuming it would be challenging. I was pleasantly surprised that there was a good balance of challenge and enjoyment.

Now, when I say challenge and enjoyment I don’t mean to imply that this is a light book. It absolutely deserves the reader’s full attention and the reader’s mind to be completely open. Hughes does bring up a topic that can be touchy with some people, however I feel that adds to the experience. The reader can start the book feeling a certain way and come out of it with a new mindset and outlook on life.

Of course, I do not think that book will absolutely change your world and completely enlighten you. I do not think that any one book can do that. However, The Banned Book about Love can absolutely give you a new perception on how you love and hate and even live. As it is such a short book, I do not think that anyone has anything to lose by reading this book, I think that everyone can find an interest in this book if they have a positive attitude. In fact, I think everyone should take 30 minutes out of their day to read this and perhaps, the world will have more love.

The Banned Book about Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like alimsj827's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
JAtoms
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by JAtoms »

Love don't cost a thing.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I agree that for a short book, it can change your mindset on Major and emotional topics. Feel free to check out my review of this book. I rated it 3 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”