Review of The Lion of Camelot

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jevonte Malik
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jevonte-malik.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of The Lion of Camelot

Post by Jevonte Malik »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Lion of Camelot" by Robert Murray.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A new king, a descendant of King Arthur, claims the throne of Camelot, but his rule is not universally accepted. To prove his legitimacy, he embarks on a long and dangerous journey to find Excalibur, a powerful sword that is closely tied to the history and identity of the kingdom and an important symbol of kingship. Meanwhile, unrest is stirring in the kingdom, and the acting commander of the military must choose between serving the new king or following his own ambitions. The future of Camelot hangs in the balance as the king's journey takes him deeper into a mysterious region.

Firstly, I would like to talk about the author's writing style. It's unique, like I've never seen before. Each sentence (whether complete or incomplete) has its own numbering. It's funny how, at first, I thought it was some sort of error with the file, and I was a bit pissed. However, as I read on, I began to realize that I had just come across a completely unique writing style. It was written in rhymes too, like in those classical poems. I really enjoyed it, and I must commend the author, Robert Murray, for that. It felt good to see characters with familiar names. I enjoyed the similarities between the book and the series, Merlin. For example, the character of Lady Shanista has the same vibe as Morgana in the Merlin series; sometimes I would love the character, and most times I would hate her. Although she remains my favorite character in the book, I still enjoyed her downfall in a way. Lovers of books written in specific patterns of rhythm would enjoy this book well.

The only downside to the book was that I wish they were separated by something chapter-like; it would have helped me follow the story better, I believe. It doesn't affect my overall rating of the book, however, as I still rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. The writing style in the book was similar to that of Shakespeare. It used fancy words and complex sentences (some of which were obsolete, by the way), making it hard to understand at times. But the language was interesting and beautiful. Sometimes, I felt like I was reading a book written by Shakespeare himself. I found just two typographical errors in the book, and so it's safe to assert that the editor did a great job on the book; the editing was done carefully and with efficiency.

The Lion of Camelot
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Wow, this book by Robert Murray is fabulous you know I feel like I was watching a movie, its English language was amazing the storyline was so real I just couldn't stop reading.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: Spiker the Jumping Spider Learns about Joy by J. M. Ashmore

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

It's good to know about Robert Murray's writing style, a unique entry into the world of creativity. I am interested in reading about why the new king of Camelot is not universally accepted and what he actually did in his quest to cement legitimacy. On the other hand, I hope the author fixes the issues highlighted in this review.
Azuka Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-christian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Christian »

Actually, reading this review kind of reminded me of Merlin and the adventures that went on. I believe this book would be no different and the plot is amazing. I would love to get a copy of it soon.
Achor Chinemerem
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achor-chinemerem.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Achor Chinemerem »

This book reminds me of a movie I watched some time ago. The author crafted a great piece that truly deserves a 5-star rating. Nice review too!
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The line where you write “The future of Camelot hangs in the balance as the king's journey takes him deeper into a mysterious region” reminds me of the movie “Merlin”
Nice review.
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Will You Talk to Me? by Margie Carstens

Post by Jessica Azuka »

I watched and read about the story of Camelot and king Arthur. And I will love to read a continuation. I can only hope that there's a Merlin. I am looking forward to reading this book. Amazing review.
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Alexander Victoria »

The quest for Excalibur in this tale adds a layer of suspense and historical significance, as the new king, a descendant of King Arthur, navigates the challenges of proving his legitimacy. The intricate dynamics between the ruler's journey and the growing unrest in Camelot promise an engaging narrative that keeps readers on the edge, wondering about the kingdom's fate.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

That writing style must really be interesting to read. I would be adding this to my list. Thank you for your review.
Henderson Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henderson-junior.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Henderson Junior »

I loved the movie Merlin, and I am sure that I would enjoy this book. Thank you for making your recommendation clear.
Henderson Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henderson-junior.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Henderson Junior »

I loved the movie Merlin, and I am sure that I would enjoy this book. Thank you for making your recommendation clear.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

The Lion of Camelot by Robert Murray is an awesome and fantabulous read. Robert did an awesome work writing about the city Camelot, the name alone drove me to this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”