Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Runan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 165%

Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)

Post by Runan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)" by Steve William Laible.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kids are always energetic and have a unique and interesting imagination that permeates into their dreams. Stevie from "Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)" by Steve William Laible is no different. His vivid imagination serves as a portal to his dreams. In this fun book, readers get a glimpse of his imagination before he goes off to sleep.

Stevie is a happy little boy with a goofy sense of humor who loves dogs and monkeys. His favorite place is his bed. Stevie does not use his bed just for sleeping but also to jump, play, and dream. While his new puppy, Rocket, is playing in his room, he snuggles into his bed and decides to have a playdate with the readers. With his inquisitive imagination at play, he fills his bed with various things. First, he fills his bed with different balls, ranging from basketballs to bowling balls. Then comes the ‘WAIT A MINUTE!’ section of the book, where he realizes that the balls take up too much space and he cannot play freely. He starts thinking of other things that will be better suited to fill his bed.

The innocence with which Stevie contradicts his choice of things to fill up the space on his bed is comical and entertaining. With the inclusion of vegetables, fruits, animals, and birds, this book provides an early learning experience for toddlers. At one point, Stevie decides to have a late-night snack but resists doing so as he remembers his mother advising him against it. This teaches young children to pay heed to the wise advice of parents and teachers, which is wonderful. I liked the beautiful illustrations that clearly reflect the written matter in the book. Bloopers at the end are hilarious as well.

The author uses simple sentences in the book. This helps children understand easily. It is an engaging book and is well-suited for a bedtime story. Barring a single error, the editing of this book is flawless. I recommend this book to parents who would love to read a good bedtime story for their young children. Older children can read for leisure. As I have nothing to dislike in this book, I would like to give it a rating of 5/5.

Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Runan
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Who Will Accompany You? by Meg Stafford, Kate Stafford, Gale Stafford

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

As someone that have once read Stevie book, I wonder what kind of wonderfully writing tales he write here. I became eager to read this book more after reading your writing. Thanks for writing this review
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”