Review of The In-Between

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Review of The In-Between

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The In-Between" by Christian Espinosa.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Review of In-Between Life in the Micro
Do you have someone whose attitude towards life scares you? They're impatient, and they get angry fast over silly things. Worse off, they seem not to have any joy. Well, if Christain Espinoza, the author of this book, can have a change of character, then you can have faith in the person as well.

This book starts with a prologue, which describes the accident the author had that altered his attitude toward life and overall character. Christian was always about hitting the big goals; he never seemed to settle down and enjoy the moments. This caused him serious pain, even divorce. What are those tiny little things Christain was missing out on that made life miserable for him? Find out in this eye-opening book.

The first thing about the book is that the author doesn't waste words; he is always to the point, very concise, and focused. That's the first positive aspect for me because I wasn't in the mood to read a lengthy book, which is the same for many readers, especially young people.

The second positive aspect for me is the structure of the chapters. Each topic holds life-transforming lessons, which the book title didn't even promise. For instance, while reading Chapter 5, whose topic is "Authenticity," I got to understand the difference between emotional responses and gut instincts. This difference allows me to analyze an incident that happened to me days before reading this book. It gave me clarity, and I felt relieved. I never thought the book would help me with the situation, but it did.

Another positive aspect for me is the vulnerability of the author. He shared things about his life; people would rather die first than share. It takes a lot of courage to be that vulnerable, and I'm glad he did because it made the book a more practical guide for successful and impactful living.

Negative aspects? I couldn't spot any, nor could I find a single error. Therefore, there's no way I will deny that this book has a full 5 out of 5 star rating.

I recommend this book to young people. They need to learn from the mishaps of the author during his younger days so they'll have fewer regrets in life. I highly recommend this book to all lazy readers; they'll finish it before they know it and gain a lot for a lifetime!

The In-Between
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Andrew Darlington
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Andrew Darlington »

The life transforming lessons coupled with the author personal life experiences would encourage every Christians to make the most out of every moment. This review was beautifully written and covered the major aspects of this book. Great Job.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

That’s awesome that the book helped you in your own life. I love it when a book can do that. Thanks for the review.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Materialism is dangerous but people don't seem to know that. There are many like Christian who are so focused on achievements that they loose sight of the important things in life.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

Your review of "In-Between Life in the Micro" by Christian Espinoza effectively communicates the book's transformative message and its potential impact on readers' attitudes towards life. You begin by addressing a common concern many people have about individuals whose negative attitudes and impatience can be alarming. By highlighting the author's personal journey of transformation, you offer readers hope and encouragement that positive change is possible for anyone.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

I've heard a lot about this book and I'm impressed to finally meet it. I'm adding this to my shelf. Your review is indeed nice and well detailed. Kudos.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”