Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Review of Man Mission

Post by Mary Clarkee »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel follows the adventures of four friends who decide to embark on an annual tradition of daring escapades. The story kicks off when the narrator, after receiving a call from his old college friend Sam, sets out on a spontaneous hike to Harper's Trail in New Zealand. This initial adventure sparks the birth of what they coin as the "Man Mission."

As the group expands to include the narrator's other college friends, Daniel and Alec, the friends venture to various destinations, including South Africa, Fiji, New Zealand, and Iceland. The central theme revolves around the camaraderie and shared experiences of these friends as they seek excitement, challenge, and the true essence of masculinity. The characters grapple with self-doubt, insecurities, and anxieties along the way, adding depth to their individual journeys.

Despite the book's enthusiastic nature, I found some flaws. One of the flaws I found was the absence of the narrator's name in the story, which may leave readers wanting a more personal connection to the central character. Additionally, there were lengthy conversations among the characters in this book, which made me take breaks while I was reading it.

What sets this book apart is its exploration of the human experience, delving into the hearts and minds of men. The narrative offers a nuanced perspective on the unfair expectations society places on men to act tough. This introspective journey, coupled with thrilling escapades, makes the book a compelling read. For a tale that seamlessly intertwines fun, emotions, and valuable insights, this book stands as an ideal adventure for those seeking a well-written and exhilarating read. I enthusiastically recommend this book to anyone in search of a book that encompasses the thrill of adventure and the depth of self-discovery.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars due to the issues already listed above. I did not see any typographic or grammatical errors in this book, which shows that it was exceptionally edited by the author. The combination of vivid storytelling, well-developed characters, and a diverse range of settings in this book makes it an immersive and enjoyable read.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

An nice book to grab with a friend. I loved the bond that existed between the four gentlemen in this book. Their adventures were fun
Donald Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-christian.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Donald Christian »

A captivating adventure and expidition book.after I read this I decided to make a hunt for Eytan's books. I was great
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

Man Mission talks a bout for college friends who goes for periodic expidition for 15 years. The humor in this book was great. I will love to go on an adventure with my friends one day
Azuka Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-christian.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Azuka Christian »

I have seen lots of different reviews about this book which makes me interested in it. It seems like a kind that would take readers on an adventure among four friends. Great job in the review.
Silvia jackson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-jackson.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Silvia jackson »

Man mission penned by Eytan talks about four college friends who often go on an annual expedition. They share back old memories. This book is quite interesting. Kudos to your review.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Andrew Darlington »

Man mission penned by Eytan is quite an amazing book that evinces true friendship among a group of friends as the go on an annual adventure for the next fifteen years of their lives. Your review was detailed and captured the beauty of this book. Great job.
Lisa Carlos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-carlos.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Lisa Carlos »

One most inspiring thing about this book was not just the adventures but the bond and true love I saw among this friends. They were full of personalities
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The theme of seeking excitement, challenge, and the true essence of masculinity adds depth to the narrative. Uliel delves into the characters' struggles with self-doubt, insecurities, and anxieties, creating a relatable aspect to their individual journeys.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Ea some review about the adventures that are found in this book. I'm glad that it talks about building men's relationships too. I'm interested in reading it.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Black Witch Moth by C. Michael Curry

Post by Florence Daniel »

The book's unique blend of fun, emotions, and valuable insights makes it an ideal adventure for readers. While the lengthy conversations may require occasional breaks, "Man Mission" remains a well-written and exhilarating recommendation for anyone in search of a captivating read.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Bonds of Love and Blood by Marylee MacDonald

Post by Robert Andrew »

Despite these flaws, the book is praised for its exploration of the human experience, offering a nuanced perspective on societal expectations for men.
Martha Lopez 4
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-lopez-4.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Martha Lopez 4 »

While acknowledging its flaws, the book receives praise for delving into the intricacies of the human experience and presenting a nuanced perspective on societal expectations for men.
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is a thrilling exploration of friendship, adventure, and the quest for authenticity, taking readers on a journey filled with excitement, camaraderie, and self-discovery across breathtaking destinations.
Silvia jackson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-jackson.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Silvia jackson »

Four friends who go on anuual expedition. Their relationship is worth emulating. Despite their different choice they still shares the same bonds for 15 years. Kudos to your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”