Review of An Interview with Failure

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of An Interview with Failure

Post by Priya Murugesan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "An Interview with Failure" by Sam Yankelevitch.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

An Interview with Failure by Sam Yankelevitch.

This is a motivational inspiring book written in a funny and intriguing way. The book is about the podcaster Robin Finch's podcast "Wake Up and Leap Forward". And he has a very special guest, Failure. Yes, it is failure personified as Failure.

The main motive of the book is to eradicate the fear about failure and to urge us to take the next steps with confidence. In his interview with Robin, Failure tries to change the listener's negative perspective about him by answering Robin's question enthusiastically. He shares many interesting stories like the deaf frog and Goliath to accentuate his point. His perspective about constellations, tools, fences are persuasive and it helps him to fortify his views.

The book starts with the concept that Failure is just a word and not a threatening shadow looming over us. It encourages us to redefine the word 'failure' and associate a positive meaning to it. The story behind the origin of word 'failure' was new to me and I appreciated the facts. The author gets it spot on when he tells there is no definite black and white in our world and there is a lot of gray in between. This book reinforces the fact that 'Failure is the stepping stone to success' and how we have to move on after failure and learn from our mistakes. It emphasizes that failure is not the end of the world. Many of us have forgotten this fact and are stuck in the vortex of failure. The book tries to pull us out of this rut and lead us to our goals. The chapter that deals with expectations is very accurate and stresses that nothing is perfect. Every chapter begins with a meaningful quote which I deeply enjoyed.

The editing could have been better as I found grammatical errors and typos. At few places, I felt little boring and repetitive. The content could have been written more interestingly at some places. I loved the small stories and wished there were more of it. So my rating is 3 out of 4. But apart from that, the whole book was really good and I enjoyed the reading experience. It stimulated my thoughts and made me ponder in a new way about life.

I would surely recommend this book as it is very thought-provoking and gives great insights into our life.

An Interview with Failure
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Quick N Easy Mexican Recipes by Nana Revello
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 620%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thanks for this review. I agree that Failure is the stepping stone to success. This is something that they should teach at school.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition by Dr. Debra Ford Msc.D

Post by Gerry Steen »

I appreciate books that remind us that failure is the stepping stone to success. it is true that some people get stuck in a vortex of failure. Your review is honest and points out the weaknesses that the author should improve on. This should not discourage people from reading this book. Your rating of 3 out of 4 is fair. :techie-studyinggray:
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 06:23 Thanks for this review. I agree that Failure is the stepping stone to success. This is something that they should teach at school.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my review.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 16:23 I appreciate books that remind us that failure is the stepping stone to success. it is true that some people get stuck in a vortex of failure. Your review is honest and points out the weaknesses that the author should improve on. This should not discourage people from reading this book. Your rating of 3 out of 4 is fair. :techie-studyinggray:
Thanks for reading my review. It was a good book despite the flaws.
Meemaw_reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Meemaw_reads »

The author's unique approach to personifying failure as a conversational partner is indeed a powerful tool for reframing our relationship with setbacks and challenges. Great review!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Meemaw_reads wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 20:42 The author's unique approach to personifying failure as a conversational partner is indeed a powerful tool for reframing our relationship with setbacks and challenges. Great review!
Yes. Thanks for your reply.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Reframing failure as a way to grow is something our society need for now. I think this book will be an enlightening reading for anyone that thriving to be at peace with their inner demons. Thanks for writing this review
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 06 May 2024, 00:44 Reframing failure as a way to grow is something our society need for now. I think this book will be an enlightening reading for anyone that thriving to be at peace with their inner demons. Thanks for writing this review
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review provides inspirational and motivational insights on embracing failure, encouraging personal growth and success for readers.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

MAHAD BAIG MIRZA wrote: Yesterday, 07:09 This review provides inspirational and motivational insights on embracing failure, encouraging personal growth and success for readers.
You are right!
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

What a intresting tittle and Central theme of the book. If I get chance, i will pick up this book. Good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”