Review of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
João Ramos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless

Post by João Ramos »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless" by Mitzi Perdue.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Who has never heard of the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series? I remember reading these collections of short stories a long time ago, but I had never stopped to study the authors' biographies in more depth. When I saw that Mitzi Perdue had written Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless, my interest in reading this work was immediate. This biography is good in all aspects.

The author interviewed many people who knew Mark Victor Hansen and covered his life from different perspectives: love life, charity, entrepreneurship, etc. The reader realizes from the first pages that Mark was born to succeed. From an early age, his father taught him to work for his things; according to him: "the pride of ownership follows the pride of earnership." When Mark wasn't even ten, he wanted a luxury English racing bicycle, and his father told him he would have to buy it with his own money. After selling Gibson greeting cards, Mark earned enough money to realize his dream and learned a valuable lesson for the rest of his life.

What is most striking about this book is how Mitzi Perdue did not try to romanticize Mark's entire life and even pointed out some negative points or "failures." These failures are restricted to bankruptcy when he was close to 30 and the failure of his first relationship with his former wife. The author shares Mark's view that a successful man is not one who never fails but an individual who does not learn from his own mistakes.

The book does not have any noteworthy defects. I only found one grammatical error, but the book's editing is excellent. The author showed why she is one of the top female biographers in the USA. This work delivers a lot: it's an ideal book for those who are curious about Mark's life, for those who want to be a successful writer, for those who generally want to get rich, and I can say that there is relevant advice even for those who wish to have a successful love relationship.

Overall, I rate Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue 5 out of 5 stars due to its outstanding quality. As I did not find any relevant defects, this rating is self-explanatory. This work is more than just a biography of a successful person; it is a book with exciting tips in different fields. Mark Victor Hansen is an example of a man who managed to prosper economically; he is an incredible human being who doesn't think twice about helping people he knows and giving back to the community.

I don't like to recommend the book to "everyone," but I can say that many people can read this book. To make a more specific recommendation, I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn how to write a bestseller or prosper materially. Even though the book is much more than that, this work is exceptional in providing tips for this type of audience.

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

João Ramos wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 07:03 [Following is a volunteer review of "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless" by Mitzi Perdue.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Who has never heard of the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series? I remember reading these collections of short stories a long time ago, but I had never stopped to study the authors' biographies in more depth. When I saw that Mitzi Perdue had written Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless, my interest in reading this work was immediate. This biography is good in all aspects.

The author interviewed many people who knew Mark Victor Hansen and covered his life from different perspectives: love life, charity, entrepreneurship, etc. The reader realizes from the first pages that Mark was born to succeed. From an early age, his father taught him to work for his things; according to him: "the pride of ownership follows the pride of earnership." When Mark wasn't even ten, he wanted a luxury English racing bicycle, and his father told him he would have to buy it with his own money. After selling Gibson greeting cards, Mark earned enough money to realize his dream and learned a valuable lesson for the rest of his life.

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
This review emhasizes the quality of Mitzi Perdue's writing. She deserves the five stars. Mark Victor Hansen is a good role model for anyone who wants to be successful at anything. I love the saying: "the pride of ownership follows the pride of earnership." Words to live by. Thanks for this great review. This book is going on my bookshelves. :techie-studyinggray:
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Chicken soup for the soul book is an interesting book. I think this one will be the intriguing book too same as the previous book. Thanks for writing the review
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”