Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer has captivated readers with its gripping narrative, intricate plotlines, and engaging characters, earning widespread acclaim. The novel unfolds in the tropical setting of Honduras, where newlyweds Tom and Kelly Turbulo are thrust into a complex plot involving a vengeful dictator, a covert terrorist group, and the strategic maneuvers of the US government.

Kelly's discovery of a suspicious group during her honeymoon triggers a high-stakes mission, drawing in her brother, USA Senator Mike McBride, a team of American operatives, and a CIA agent. Loyalty, betrayal, and the oppressive rule of a distant homeland's dictator add layers of tension to the narrative.

Mercer's storytelling shines in crafting a captivating tale with well-rounded characters, seamlessly blending suspense, patriotism, and engaging personalities. The collaboration of characters facing imminent threats showcases the author's creativity, making the novel a thrilling and immersive experience.

Various reviews underscore specific elements such as fast-paced action, a detailed plot, and sacrifices made by the central couple, recommending the book for fans of suspense and thrillers. Additionally, reviewers acknowledge well-researched details, humor, and the seamless integration of subplots and character backstories. The realistic chemistry between Kelly and Tom adds depth to the reading experience.

I like this book due to its seamless blend of suspense, patriotism, and engaging characters. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars due to its captivating plots and characters. The author did a very nice job editing the book, as I could find no errors.

The book stands as an exceptional work that combines science fiction, action, and romance. Highly recommended for readers seeking a mix of suspense, patriotism, and engaging characters, the novel delivers a well-crafted reading experience. With unanimous praise for its storytelling, character development, and unique blend of genres, Mercer's creation emerges as an immersive journey into a world filled with unexpected twists and turns.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Theater of Lies by Ted Griffith

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Dorothy May Mercer's 'E-M-P Honeymoon' is a true page-turner. The way she seamlessly blends action, suspense, and romance is commendable. I was hooked from the first page and couldn't wait to see how it all unfolded.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

The book title resonates well with the plot the characters were top notch and realistic. This book offers lots of suspense and funny moments. Kudos to your review.
Adam Bryce Stern
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adam-bryce-stern.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Adam Bryce Stern »

A captivating and suspenseful read. I also enjoyed the character development as well. Interesting read. Congrats on a great review.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

I'm glad the book resonated well with you, and you found the characters realistic with a good mix of suspense and humor. Thank you for the kudos on the review!
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

My favorite characters amongst others would be Tom and Kelly,I resonated with this characters to the fullest, they gave action,suspense and patriotism, making this book a good blend.well written review Amanda, you killed it.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

The author, Dorothy May Mercer possesses the art of telling captivating stories. I would read this any opportunity I get. Thank you Amanda for doing justice to this book.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Florence Daniel »

As the story unfolds, readers are drawn into a world of espionage, danger, and unexpected twists. The dynamic between the characters, especially the bond between Kelly and Tom, adds depth to the narrative, making the stakes feel even higher. "E-M-P Honeymoon" is a must-read for fans of political thrillers and adventure stories, offering an exciting and immersive experience from start to finish.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: The Devil's in the Daughter by Melvin P. Tiley

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Dorothy May Mercer's "E-M-P Honeymoon" delivers a riveting tale set in the tropical landscape of Honduras, where newlyweds Tom and Kelly Turbulo find.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

The book's structure, resembling a well-organized textbook, facilitates easy navigation through the content. While it predominantly highlights the benefits of niching up, some readers may find a limited exploration of potential drawbacks. Nevertheless, the flawless editing and presentation contribute to the book's credibility, earning it a well-deserved 5-star rating.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by williams Emerald »

I’m intrigued by the blend of genres and the seamless storytelling. The book does not only delivers on suspense and action but also incorporates elements of patriotism and engaging characters.
Jimmy Cook
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cook.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jimmy Cook »

This book gives a lot of information about electro magnetic impulse. This seems like an enjoyable read. I would like to read it in the future. Great review.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Nice review you have here. The book sudden twist from honeymoon to a great thrilling moment was a good start for me in this book.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The book appears to excel in crafting suspenseful narratives with engaging characters. It's intriguing to see how Kelly's discovery during her honeymoon sets off a high-stakes mission, drawing in her brother, a team of operatives, and a CIA agent. Loyalty, betrayal, and political intrigue add layers of complexity to the storyline.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer immerses readers in a gripping narrative set in Honduras, where newlyweds Tom and Kelly Turbulo are thrust into a complex plot involving a vengeful dictator and a covert terrorist group.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”