Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In "Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book," Kalliope Barlis highlights vital skills and techniques that not only improve golf but are also crucial for maximizing life accomplishments. The primary emphasis is on the mind, promoting the use of neuro-linguistic programming to shape thoughts effectively. Barlis emphasizes the pivotal role of the mind in boosting golf performance and achieving desired life objectives. She then details the essential skills for mastering golf, addressing both physical and mental aspects. Additionally, practical steps to enhance the overall golfing experience are outlined.

This book provided me with valuable insights that I believe transcend the realm of golf, offering lessons applicable to various facets of life. Before reading it, I had limited knowledge of golf, which prompted me to delve into its contents. Not only did it pique my interest in the sport, but it also illuminated the brain's ability to blur the lines between imagination and memory, highlighting the power of our imaginations in achieving our aspirations. The author's thoughtful exploration of different types of golfers and scenarios, combined with the book's succinct and straightforward approach, enhanced its appeal and made my reading journey enjoyable.

At first, I thought the book lacked images until I discovered them in the appendix. But my dislike is that the placement of these images was inconvenient, requiring me to scroll to the end of the book to reference what the author had explained earlier and then return to the initial page. Nevertheless, this did not diminish my overall interest in the book, and aside from this aspect, there is nothing else I dislike.

I rate this book five out of five stars, despite the mentioned drawback. I found only two errors throughout my reading. This shows that the book was professionally edited.

This book is beneficial for both existing golf enthusiasts and those intrigued by the sport. Although its focus is on golf, the wisdom and techniques it presents are applicable not only to various sports but also to life in general, offering insights to enhance one's overall experience.

Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The book goes beyond golf, offering valuable insights applicable to various aspects of life. It not only sparked interest in the sport but also highlighted the brain's ability to blend imagination and memory, showcasing the power of our imaginations in achieving aspirations. The exploration of different golfer types and scenarios, coupled with a succinct approach, adds to the book's appeal.
Susan John Peter
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan John Peter »

This book goes beyond golf, offering valuable life lessons. The author's exploration of different golfer types and scenarios, combined with a straightforward approach, makes it an enjoyable read.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis presents essential skills and techniques for improving golf while also offering insights applicable to personal growth.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Foundation for Peace by Patrick J Roelle, Sr. / Mr. Pat

Post by Robert Andrew »

Barlis's exploration of the mind's power in golf and beyond is truly enlightening. Although initially skeptical, I was captivated by her approach and found myself applying her techniques not only on the course but in various aspects of my life.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

While 'Play Golf Better Faster' offers a wealth of knowledge, the inconvenience of image placement in the appendix was a minor setback. However, the book's insightful exploration of the mind's role in golf and life outweighs this issue, making it a worthwhile read.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Free and Fearless by Phil Moser

Post by Andrew Darlington »

This book highlights vital skills and techniques that not only improve golf but are also crucial for maximizing life accomplishments. I never playing golf was this easy. Detailed and brilliant review. Good Job.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis offers essential golf skills and insights for personal growth, emphasizing imagination's role in achievement. It explores different golfer types, making it a valuable resource for golf enthusiasts and personal development seekers.
Sylveria Savage
Favorite Book: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylveria-savage.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance

Post by Sylveria Savage »

"Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" is a clear and concise guide to improving golf performance. Kalliope Barlis's methodical approach covers both the physical and mental aspects of the game, providing useful insights and tips. The focus on neuro-linguistic programming is especially helpful in shaping mental habits to achieve peak performance.
Chinenye Obido
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-obido.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinenye Obido »

Despite its compact size, ‘Play Golf Better Faster’ delivers a powerhouse of knowledge, equipping readers with practical strategies to elevate their golf game and transcend limitations in all aspects of life. I very much recommend.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Nice review you've got here. I will give this a try the book sounds interesting and charming . I'm looking forward to reading this book.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I would love to read this book because it would enlighten me more about Golf, and increase my interest in learning the skills involved in playing golf. Especially the mental skills involved in playing this sport.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

In 'Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book' by Kalliope Barlis, vital skills and techniques for improving golf and maximizing life accomplishments are highlighted, with a primary focus on the mind and the use of neuro-linguistic programming. The book details essential skills for mastering golf, addressing both physical and mental aspects, while also providing practical steps to enhance the overall golfing experience.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Barlis' exploration of the mind's role in golf performance and life accomplishments, coupled with practical steps for skill mastery and enhancing overall experiences, makes this book a compelling read that transcends mere golf instruction, offering valuable insights into imagination, memory, and achieving aspirations.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html

Post by Esther Unurhie »

This insightful review beautifully captures the essence of 'Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book' showcasing its transformative impact not only on golf skills but also on broader life perspectives.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”