Review of Wisdom

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Review of Wisdom

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wisdom" by Arun mago.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Wisdom by Arun Mago presents a compilation of 30 chapters, each offering life lessons, advice, and various perspectives. Arranged alphabetically, the chapters cover diverse topics such as family values, business opportunities, politics, positive thinking, money, and effective speaking. Mago, the author, not only shares his thoughts but also provides practical tips to enhance different aspects of life. However, it's worth noting that this isn't a conventional step-by-step self-help guide.

Structured into brief chapters covering personal development topics like "Best Teachers" and "Be Logical, Not Emotional," Mago's approach is practical, blending motivational insights, personal anecdotes, and direct advice. The book's versatility shines through its coverage of personal growth, financial advice, relationships, and emotional intelligence.

Despite its professional presentation, the book's format may challenge some readers, as the concise treatment of each topic lacks the depth sought by those desiring a more extensive exploration. The motivational and direct tone might not resonate with those favoring a more analytical or scientific approach to self-help literature. Arun Mago's book deviates from the typical self-help guide by lacking a step-by-step implementation plan for his proposed changes. Regrettably, my reading experience ended in disappointment, marked by unoriginal perspectives and an abundance of clichés. The disjointed nature of the chapters gave the impression of reading a collection of unrelated blog entries. It wasn't until page 76 that the book's true nature unfolded, revealing itself as a compilation of Facebook posts. To enhance the reader experience, I suggest eliminating requests for likes and comments and introducing the book as a collection of posts from Arun Mago's Facebook page.

The book is a commendable effort, offering bite-sized wisdom and practical advice. Suited for those new to self-help literature or seeking quick motivational boosts, But due to the above challenges, I deducted 2 stars, giving the book 3 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to readers seeking a diverse range of life lessons, advice, and perspectives.

Wisdom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

The book sounds interesting but I'm going to give this a pass. I'm not a fan of this type of book. The book also seem boring. Thanks for this engaging review. You did Justice in breaking down the qualities and critiques of the book.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: The Conscience of the C.O.D. by James Terminiello

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

The book seems intriguing, but it's not my preferred genre, so I'll pass on reading it. It appears a bit dull to me. Nevertheless, I appreciate your thorough review, which effectively outlines both the positive aspects and criticisms of the book.
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

This book is one of the self made books that got to me, I was intrigued by the authors ability to advise and give key guides to shape different aspects of life. I enjoyed every detail of this review,good job Amanda.
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html

Post by Favy Moses »

This book is one of the self made books that got to me, I was intrigued by the authors ability to advise and give key guides to shape different aspects of life. I enjoyed every detail of this review,good job Amanda.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

Thank you Amanda for the review. I love self-help books and you did justice breaking down the different segments of the book. I do look forward to reading this.
Last edited by Chiemego Nwokolo on 05 Mar 2024, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan

Post by Florence Daniel »

Wisdom" by Arun Mago is a thoughtfully organized compilation of life lessons and advice that spans a wide range of topics. The book's structure, with chapters arranged alphabetically, offers a unique approach to navigating personal and professional development. Each chapter covers a distinct subject such as family values, business opportunities, politics, positive thinking, money management, and effective communication.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: Circle of Innocents by Stephen D. Curtis

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Arun Mago's "Wisdom" offers a versatile compilation of life lessons and practical advice, covering diverse topics from family values to effective speaking, providing readers with insights to enhance various aspects of life.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Structured into brief chapters and blending motivational insights with personal anecdotes, Mago's approach in "Wisdom" offers readers a practical guide to personal development, financial advice, relationships, and emotional intelligence, making it a valuable resource for navigating life's challenges.
Mfon Ukim
Currently Reading: Popop's Grimoire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mfon Ukim »

This book might not be that great. But everyone needs tutorship and nuggets that can better improve one's life. So I commend the author for the initiative to coalesce this thoughts into a book.
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

This is a well-written review with insightful critiques. It sounds like the author missed out on covering topics deeply by attempting to cover a wide breadth of topics. I am going to pass on reading this book. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html

Post by williams Emerald »

“Arun Mago’s ‘Wisdom’ delivers concise nuggets of advice across various life domains, making it a convenient read for those seeking quick motivation. However, its format and lack of depth may not satisfy readers looking for more comprehensive guidance.”
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Nice and simple review you've got here. I'm looking forward to adding this to my reading shelve. Thanks for this review.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Wisdom by Arun Mago offers bite-sized life lessons covering personal growth, financial advice, relationships, and emotional intelligence, with a practical and motivational tone.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

Wisdom by Arun Mago compiles 30 chapters covering diverse topics like family values, business opportunities, and positive thinking. Mago offers practical tips and motivational insights.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”