Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Mary Clarkee »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer unfolds as a political and romantic suspense novel centered around Cynthia Patterson, a former CIA agent who transitions into the role of chief investigator and bodyguard for Senator Mike McBride. The narrative introduces Cynthia's mission to thwart a terrorist plot against President Gerard Bigelow, with her allies being computer experts Tim and Garth. However, the story takes an unexpected turn with the addition of Sky, a mysterious figure whose involvement introduces a romantic subplot.

Cynthia's journey is marked by action, suspense, and political intrigue as she confronts the challenges of her security role and grapples with her evolving relationships. The book delves into modern-day issues, including terrorism, cyberwarfare, and the complexities of love. I commend the author's focus on relevant themes, noting the suspenseful nature of the narrative.

This book was indeed a fabulous read for me. It was fast-paced and had no boring moments. The book impressively explores modern-day events, tackling themes like terrorism and cyberwarfare. The organizational structure facilitates an easy read, and the absence of errors reflects the author's meticulous writing. This book was expertly edited. Despite my love for this book, I witnessed some flaws in it. The romantic subplot (the section rated R) in this book was actually not necessary to me, though. While the cyberwar aspect was intriguing, the forced nature of Cynthia's relationships, particularly with Sky, left the romance feeling less authentic.

Due to the flaws I witnessed in this book, already listed above, I will rate it 4 out of 5 stars. Despite the thrilling nature of this book, I still find it to be a bit educational. This book gave me more ideas about how the military operates. Investigations, spying, action, and communication. I also learned some military terms and abbreviations. All thanks to the author. I recommend this book to people, especially adults, who appreciate a mix of action, suspense, and technology. This will be a fantastic read for you.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Andrew Darlington
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Andrew Darlington »

Cynthia and Dan is an intriguing cyber-crime book. Though some very little section of this book caught me I still feel a lot more should be improved Your review was detailed and amazing.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer is a gripping blend of political intrigue and romance that keeps readers on the edge of their seats from beginning to end. The author expertly navigates complex themes such as terrorism and cyberwarfare, weaving them seamlessly into the narrative to create a thrilling and thought-provoking read.
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer presents a thrilling blend of political intrigue and romantic suspense, following the journey of former CIA agent Cynthia Patterson as she navigates her new role as chief investigator and protector of Senator Mike McBride. Mercer expertly weaves a tale of espionage and danger as Cynthia races against time to thwart a terrorist plot targeting President Gerard Bigelow. Alongside her allies, Tim and Garth, Cynthia's mission takes an unexpected turn with the arrival of Sky, whose mysterious presence adds a layer of romance to the gripping narrative. With twists and turns at every corner, Cynthia and Dan is a riveting read that will keep readers on the edge of their seats until the very end.
Silvia jackson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-jackson.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Silvia jackson »

Cynthia and Dan is an interesting piece with nice plot. It's quite apoly that the character development is poor. Dan's personality was described In a poor way in this book. Kudos to your review though.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Cynthia and Dan sounds interesting to read. The tec aspect alone is a turn on for me in this book. Your review was detailed. Well-done on this nice work.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

This is a fascinating book that captured two main themes, politics and romance. Though the political aspect of this book which also have the theme of technology interest me more.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”