Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Mary Clarkee »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker unfolds as a thrilling adventure centered around Grant Taylor's quest to find his missing uncle, Randall, who disappeared during an expedition to Zona in Siberia. The narrative begins with news reaching Grant in the United States about his uncle's disappearance. To claim Randall's property in Saint Petersburg, Russia, Grant embarks on a journey, where he encounters Irina, his legal adviser, and Colonel Volkov, a survivor of the Zona expedition with Randall. Colonel Volkov suggests that Randall might still be alive, sparking Grant's curiosity and prompting him to venture into the perilous Zona.

The book is written in first-person narrative, instilling suspense into the plot. Grant's character undergoes significant development, transforming from a university professor to a courageous explorer in a foreign land searching for his lost uncle. A notable subplot involves the romance between Grant and Irina, adding depth to the narrative. The intimate scenes are handled with precision, contributing to the overall exhilarating experience. The inclusion of deadly animals in Zona accentuates the dangerous nature of the forbidden land, contributing to the suspenseful atmosphere.

Grant's selfless determination to search for his uncle despite the inherent dangers highlights a central theme in the book. The journey takes the characters through Saint Petersburg, the Taiga, and ultimately Zona, with each location offering unique challenges and revelations. There was absolutely nothing I saw in this book that I disliked. The well-rounded characters, clear plot structure, and gripping story contribute to the book's page-turning quality. Despite some exaggeration in the interaction between characters and wild creatures, the suspenseful nature of the novel remains intact.

While the explicit content makes it suitable for adult and young adult readers, the book's exceptionally well-edited nature, devoid of errors, deserves praise. I would rate Zona: The Forbidden Land 5 out of 5 stars. This adventure is a must-read for enthusiasts who appreciate a well-crafted blend of suspense, romance, and self-discovery.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Andrew Darlington
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Andrew Darlington »

This is one of the most intriguing adventure and science fiction book I have read. The descriptive and creative reading of the author made reading this book seem like seeing a movie. Your review was lacking in nothing. Great a Job.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

I was thoroughly engrossed in Grant Taylor's journey as he searches for his missing uncle in the treacherous wilderness of Siberia. Baker expertly builds suspense with every twist and turn, keeping readers guessing until the very end.
Martha Lopez 4
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-lopez-4.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Martha Lopez 4 »

This book stands out as one of the most captivating adventure and science fiction novels I've encountered. The author's vivid and imaginative storytelling transforms the reading experience into a cinematic journey. Your review perfectly encapsulated the essence of the book, leaving no aspect unexplored. Well done on a great review.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

This was indeed a captivating read for me. But I really felt it awkward that Grant has to go into zona despite the treacherous rumor about that place.
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker delivers an exhilarating adventure as Grant Taylor sets out to uncover the truth behind his uncle's disappearance in the treacherous depths of Siberia. With the help of Irina and Colonel Volkov, Grant's journey takes unexpected twists, propelling him into the heart of danger in the forbidden land of Zona. Baker's gripping narrative keeps readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish, making this a must-read for fans of thrilling adventures.
Silvia jackson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-jackson.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Silvia jackson »

This is one of the best book in my shelf. The Suspense and drama twist was top notch for me . The adventure was really interesting kudos to your review.
Silvia jackson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-jackson.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Silvia jackson »

This is one of the best book in my shelf. The Suspense and drama twist was top notch for me . The adventure was really interesting kudos to your review.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I love adventure books. The title of the book alone is charming and engaging. I love the plot and characters. Well done on a nice review.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

Zona is a mysterious land and lots of scientists are interested in knowing more about Zona the loss of Randall has triggered a second visit to Zona. It's a story filled with lots of suspense.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”