Review of The Angel of Death Origins

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Review of The Angel of Death Origins

Post by Mary Clarkee »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Angel of Death Origins" by Laurent Cousineau.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Angel of the Death Origins by Laurent Cousineau is truly touching, delving into the author's life and providing a profound connection to his experiences. Laurent's candid exploration of his lifelong struggle with OCD resonated deeply with me, echoing the challenges, persistent thoughts, and emotional burdens that accompany such mental health battles. This narrative serves as a powerful reminder of the resilience required to combat these issues.

Equally heartbreaking are Laurent's accounts of bullying, revealing the enduring emotional scars inflicted by such tormentors. It sheds light on the profound and lasting impact of bullying on an individual. The book takes an inspiring turn as Laurent discusses climate change and his commitment to environmental activism, prompting reflection on personal responsibility in addressing global challenges. His determination to effect change despite adversity showcases the transformative power of individual efforts.

A unique facet of this memoir is the occasional exploration of simulation theory, introducing profound reflections on existence, reality, and consciousness. These philosophical musings add depth to the narrative, fostering engagement and prompting contemplation of life's fundamental questions. Laurent's writing, marked by clarity, allows easy comprehension of his message, contributing to the overall excellence of the book. I found this book to be enjoyable overall, but if I had to mention a flaw, it would be that it falls under the fictional book genre. While it's a personal preference, I feel that sometimes non-fiction books receive more attention than fiction when it has to do with inspiring people. I did not see any errors in this book, which shows that it was expertly edited.

This book's flawless writing and editing earn it a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. In essence, The Angel of the Death Origins is more than a book—it's an emotional journey that forges a connection with the author's experiences and aspirations. It exemplifies the strength of the human spirit, illustrating how personal narratives can inspire meaningful change. This memoir, blending personal exploration with profound philosophical considerations, stands as a must-read for those seeking understanding, compassion, and a distinctive perspective on life.

The Angel of Death Origins
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Jane Honda »

Bully should not be tolerated in any way. I felt emotional after reading this book. It was an engaging read for me. The books Storyline was superb
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

The book sounds interesting though I haven't read it. I'm looking forward to reading it. I must commend the author for this great piece.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

From the review it's obvious the book talks about topics on the social issues that is common today. I am interested in reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”