Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Fred G. Baker's novel Zona: The Forbidden Land delves into a captivating tale of adventure, betrayal, and discovery. Following the disappearance of his uncle Randall in the enigmatic Zona, Grant Taylor embarks on a perilous journey to uncover the truth. As Grant traverses through the mysterious landscape alongside a diverse group of companions, the narrative unfolds with suspense and intrigue.

The plot intricately weaves themes of trust, love, and exploration, keeping readers engaged from start to finish. Grant's character development is particularly notable, as he evolves from a skeptical nephew to a determined explorer driven by selflessness and curiosity. The dynamic interactions among the characters add depth to the story, while the vivid descriptions of Zona's landscapes and creatures immerse readers into the heart of the adventure.

Baker's adept storytelling, coupled with the seamless blending of fantasy and reality, creates a compelling narrative that captivates readers' imaginations. Despite occasional thematic inconsistencies and pacing issues, the novel's overall quality remains high, leaving readers eager to journey alongside Grant and his companions until the very end.

The book positively showcases Baker's mastery of storytelling, immersing readers in a thrilling exploration of the unknown territories of Zona while delving into enduring themes of courage, camaraderie, and the quest for truth.

According to my reading experience, I found no grammatical or spelling errors while reading the book; it was well edited with simple English, making it easier to understand. I also discovered that Russian texts were translated into English along the line. This was exceptional, and I had to aplaud the writer and editors for this. For these reasons, I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I had no reason to dislike the book at any point in my reading.

I highly recommend Zona: The Forbidden Land to readers seeking an enthralling adventure filled with suspense, vivid imagery, and thought-provoking themes of courage and discovery.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Interesting book I must say. The adventure was my main focus in this book. The book gives full details on some places in zona. This was a fun read I must say. Well Done on this review well delivered.
Adam Bryce Stern
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adam-bryce-stern.html
Latest Review: Dudesow by Christian R. Scrolls

Post by Adam Bryce Stern »

Fred G. Baker expertly blended in suspense, fantasy and adventure while also telling and immensely captivating book. An excellent. Congrats on a well written review.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

Thank you for your kind words! Fred G. Baker seems to have masterfully combined suspense, fantasy, and adventure in this captivating book. I appreciate your feedback on the review.
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

I agree that this book is full of adventure and fantasies on a whole different level,the author did a good job with his fascinating storytelling.nice review Amanda.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

This book sounds interesting and suspense filled. I love when a character is fully developed and gets the reader engrossed. Great review Amanda.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Black Witch Moth by C. Michael Curry

Post by Florence Daniel »

The novel expertly weaves together themes of trust, love, and exploration, captivating readers with its suspenseful and engaging narrative. As the story progresses, Grant undergoes significant character development, transforming from a skeptical and hesitant nephew into a determined and selfless explorer, driven by curiosity and the desire to uncover the truth about his uncle's fate.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Fred G. Baker's "Zona: The Forbidden Land" takes readers on a captivating journey of adventure, betrayal, and discovery as Grant Taylor searches for the truth behind his uncle's disappearance, navigating through the enigmatic landscape of Zona alongside a diverse group of companions.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Through skillful character development and vivid descriptions, Baker intricately weaves themes of trust, love, and exploration, immersing readers into the heart of the narrative and keeping them engaged with suspense and intrigue from start to finish.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by williams Emerald »

From the lush descriptions of Zona’s landscapes to the character development, every aspect of the novel is executed with precision and care. A true masterpiece of adventure fiction that deserves a place on every bookshelf.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

From the book cover I knew this would be a great read. I've read lots of book about zona with different plot but this was also another standout book.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The seamless blending of fantasy and reality in Zona, along with Baker's mastery of storytelling, makes it a compelling read. It's impressive that the book maintains a high quality throughout.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker takes readers on a captivating adventure filled with themes of trust, love, and exploration. Following Grant Taylor's journey to uncover the truth behind his uncle's disappearance, the plot intricately weaves suspense and intrigue.
Nnodim Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnodim-collins.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Nnodim Collins »

"Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker is a captivating adventure filled with betrayal, discovery, and suspense as Grant Taylor searches for his missing uncle.
Amelia Harper 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-harper-1.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Amelia Harper 1 »

"Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker is an adventurous tale of discovery as Grant Taylor seeks the truth behind his uncle's disappearance in the mysterious Zona, leading to a journey filled with suspense and intrigue.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”