Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jevonte Malik
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jevonte-malik.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Jevonte Malik »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Eric, a regular physics teacher, tries to cope with his recent fallout with Terri, which led to heartbreak, and drinks himself to stupor in the process, making him pass out. He wakes up in a richly furnished mansion belonging to a wealthy, strange woman, Sasha. Soon, he begins to experience some weird changes in his body, indicating his gradual transformation into a vampire. He angrily leaves the mansion and goes for a checkup, but nothing good comes out of it. He is later advised to go back to Sasha, which he does, and is then taught ways to get used to his new self. Soon, he develops a special bond with Sasha. When something goes wrong with Sasha, Eric unknowingly opens up a portal to a whole new world. This is only the beginning of his quest for justice and answers.

There is excellent character development, and I identify strongly with a number of the primary protagonists. I admire the author's gradual and interesting development of the main character, Eric, from a regular college teacher to a vampire lord. Along the way, Eric had both tragic and humorous events while attempting to reconcile his morality and vampire status. He often had to come up with answers to difficulties because of events outside his control. Sometimes at the risk of his very being. Eric found a lot of strength in the friendships he made along the journey. He was convinced they'd be there, even when everything around him threatened to fall apart.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. There were some important details that I wish the author had given. For example, the part where Eric was turned into a vampire by Sasha. I would have loved to read about that part. Also, I would have preferred if the book had a table of contents to serve as a guide for easy navigation through the bulky pages of the book. I deducted just one star for these aforementioned reasons, as there are many other positive aspects of the book that can be focused on. I loved how Eric's written thoughts were italicized, differentiating them from normal words. Also, I loved how the romance life of Eric was well balanced. The book was well edited, as I found just one error while reading. This book would best suit lovers of vampire books and movies and lovers of fantasy and adventure genres.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Heartbreak can lead to so many uncertainties. In Eric's side, it led to his drunkenness which led him to Sasha.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”