Review of My Spouse, my friend

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Love Ukaegbu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Review of My Spouse, my friend

Post by Love Ukaegbu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Spouse, my friend" by Ingiete Oyama.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered why, in today's society, there are so many broken marriages, dysfunctional homes, broken children, and unexplainable behaviours from children and teenagers? Have you ever wondered why people now feel like marriage is a practice of convenience and no longer a better or worse commitment? It's probably because people skipped counselling and proper guidelines before getting married.

If you are looking for the perfect marriage guideline, this book, My Spouse, My Friend, by Ingiete Oyama, is the ideal guide for a blissful married life. She started beautifully by explaining the concept of marriage and why marriage as an institution was created in the first place. The author explained why God created marriage and why companionship is a need not overlooked by any couple wishing to have a long and prosperous married life. Aside from being packed with knowledge and wisdom, the author found a way to draw us back to God and show us the real reason why marriage was established.

What I love the most about this book is how she included biblical scriptures and real-life experiences. She also elaborated on the roles created for each spouse to avoid conflict and the issues created by the desire for gender equality. The book also explained the physical and emotional needs of men and women and how each spouse should be able to meet the needs of the other while helping us understand that no one is perfect and that there will always be a need for growth, forgiveness, and compromise.

I did not like one thing about this book: It was slow-paced and a bit boring to read. However, it was written in simple English and very easily understood. It was well-edited, and I found no mistakes or typographical errors as I read.

I recommend this book to people thinking about settling down with a spouse in the near future and to people who have been married but would like to have a fresh understanding of marriage. I give this book a 4 out of 5 rating, mainly because of the amount of knowledge it contains and its potential to change lives and save marriages in the long run.

My Spouse, my friend
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Love Ukaegbu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Post by Love Ukaegbu »

I learnt so much from this book, it's like a hidden gem when it comes to marriage guidelines. I just hope that this book will reach so many more people wishing to journey into marriage.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”