Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andrew Darlington
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Free and Fearless by Phil Moser

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Andrew Darlington »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a book that provides valuable historical context, elucidating the complexities of French colonialism and its impact on Algerian society, as well as the long struggle for peace in countries all over the world. Despite the many intriguing aspects of this book, it offers a compelling narrative that intertwines personal memoir with historical insight and serves as a poignant testament to resilience, familial bonds, and the enduring quest for peace in a tumultuous era.

This book chronicles Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's early life, beginning with his birth in Aïn Beïda, Algeria, during French colonial rule. He describes the serene yet politically charged atmosphere of his hometown, highlighting the influence of tribal affiliations and the challenges faced by indigenous Algerians. The narrative further explores themes of identity, discrimination, and the pursuit of education amid social and political turmoil. This book also delves into the author's diplomatic journey and reflections on key global challenges, with a particular emphasis on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the independence of some African countries, peacekeeping movements, and more.

A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah served as an eye-opener and source of information for me on global issues that I had never known about. The author's portrayal of Algerian customs and traditions in the beginning pages of this book rings true, providing readers with a genuine glimpse into the rich tapestry of North African culture. The author intellectually sheds light on the importance of cultural solidarity and collective resistance in the face of oppression, as well as the need to maintain peace in our society. The emotional depth of the narrative and the sense of tension and suspense helped to keep me engaged throughout the chapter.

I found two minor errors in this book that had no effect on my reading experience. To a very large extent, this book was well edited, and I commend the editors for their effort. The organization of this book was amazing. However, I think the font size used for most of the letters in this book was small and needed to be increased. The inclusion of pictures, documents, references, and more added authenticity to the facts and contents of this book.

This book was amazing, and all the time I spent on it was worth it. I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to all lovers of history and nonfiction books.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

One inspiring biography of a man who has fought effortlessly for the peace of most nations around the world. Dr. Berrah’s story would provoke a reform in generations to come. Great book and great review.
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Your detailed review of "God is Willing" by Charlene Murray showcases a deep engagement with its theological themes and arguments. Your appreciation for the author's use of biblical passages and clear presentation is evident. Well done!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Azuka Christian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-christian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Christian »

This is an exciting memoir narrating the author's journey and experiences in his strive for national and world peace. There are lots of lessons to be learned from the book.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

The author's experiences, from his childhood in Algeria to his pursuit of peace throughout the world, reveal the interconnectedness of personal and global struggles.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Your review is good and well detailed. This book is filled with good morals that are emulating for readers. I must commend the author for his effort.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's memoir in "A Dream for Peace" vividly chronicles his early life in Algeria, navigating the challenges of French colonial rule. The narrative skillfully explores themes of identity, discrimination, and the pursuit of education amidst political upheaval.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

This biography of Dr. Berrah, detailing his relentless efforts for global peace, is truly inspiring. The book's portrayal of his story is bound to ignite a reform for generations to come. Your review excellently encapsulates the essence of this impactful narrative.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

A Dream for Peace' by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is an exceptional read that offers valuable historical context and personal reflections on the struggle for peace in Algeria and beyond. It's a must-read and an depth narrative.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

If you're a lover of historical books, then this you're in the right place, nice review you have here.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"A Dream for Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah delves into the historical context of French colonialism in Algeria, intertwining personal memoir with insightful reflections on global peace struggles. The narrative spans from Berrah's upbringing in colonial Algeria to his diplomatic journey, offering a poignant testament to resilience and the enduring quest for peace amidst societal and political challenges.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”