Review of Enlightenment for the things that really matter

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ABDELHAK BELADEM
Currently Reading: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Review of Enlightenment for the things that really matter

Post by ABDELHAK BELADEM »

This is a beautiful book that talks about how creatures need attention, but it denies the existence of God, and this is not good at all for Muslim book readers.
ABDELHAK BELADEM
Currently Reading: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner

Post by ABDELHAK BELADEM »

This is a beautiful book that talks about how creatures need attention, but it denies the existence of God, and this is not good at all for Muslim book readers.
Abdulahi Tijani
Currently Reading: The Brussels Connection
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abdulahi Tijani »

Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell Is a novel based on a real-life story. It is a collection of different stories from different families and how they relate to our recent life. The social and economic value, kindness and empathy, the role of inequality, and its influence on our daily lives. The author used the family history as a good example to pass a vital message, advise, and inculcate the reader the spirit of kindness and empathy towards the less privileged. How was their story able to reflect our recent life? Read this book to learn more.

I don't like nonfictional books but Elightenment for the Things that Really Matter is a YES for me. The structure is accurate and understandable which one can relate to. I like the fact that some words were used alongside their meaning for easy reading.

I'm likely to become a fan of Mark Gumbrell and hope to read more books from him
Adeyemi Moses
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-moses.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Adeyemi Moses »

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. My reason for that is because the author wasn’t biassed in any way. He tenders both sides of the story and makes the reader feel much alive, helping the reader to widen his scope of life, not only religiously alone but also socially and psychologically. It’s a book I enjoy reading,The author also advises his readers to always express gratitude and seek happiness over what they have instead of acquiring material things that are temporal on earth, its majorly Religious and spiritual book.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 648
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @ABDELHAK BELADEM, I just read your comments on the official review of "Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter" and I agree with you that without God there would be no beautiful creatures including human beings. God is real and we will meet Him on judgement day. The beautiful world around us is a result of God's creations. One who does not believe this will have an awful afterlife. Love God, your neighbors and all of God's creatures. @Mrlefty0706
Miriam Ratemo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

Enlightenment for the things that really matter by Mark Gumbrell is very captivating and enlightening. I agree with the fact that most people put a lot of focus and energy on things that do not matter a lot to them instead of investing in most important areas of their lives. The books information is relatable and educational. I can't wait to read the whole book and learn a lot from it. Thank you for a detailed review
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 648
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @ Nisha DSouza, I just read your comments on the official review of "Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter" and once again I am impressed with your feedback. I tend to be too wordy because I want the reader to know more about the story and motivate them to read it. Any tips you can give me on my comments would be most appreciated. I still marvel over the video review you added for Lea and the Sandpeople. What are the requirements to become an Official Review Representative? I would like to work towards achieving the requirements. @Mrlefty0706

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”