Review of The Angel of Death Origins

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: The Conscience of the C.O.D. by James Terminiello

Review of The Angel of Death Origins

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Angel of Death Origins" by Laurent Cousineau.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In The Angel of Death Origins by Laurent Cousineau, the narrative unfolds through the lens of the fictional protagonist, Laurent, reflecting the author's own experiences. Born in 1992 to a multicultural background, Laurent faces persistent bullying throughout his school years, stemming from factors like his accent, name, and athletic abilities. The book explores his struggles with PTSD, depression, anxiety, and OCD, providing a deep dive into the challenges of his coming-of-age journey.

Laurent's life is marked by a series of stressors, including his father's physical illness, adding layers to the narrative. The author skillfully presents Laurent's story in convincing vignettes, weaving a tale of relentless emotional and physical violence at school, involving not only students but also teachers. Despite the adversity, Laurent excels academically, and the protagonist's experiences mirror the author's own encounters with bullying and personal challenges.

This book was no doubt a fantastic read for me. There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. The novel stands out for its inclusion of three original plays that Laurent wrote, addressing social issues he finds significant. These plays, seamlessly integrated into the narrative, contribute to the reader's understanding of Laurent's motivations, particularly regarding raising awareness about bullying and climate change. The book also incorporates links to a website and a YouTube video, cleverly enhancing the overall reading experience and deepening insight into the protagonist's mission. I did not see any errors in this book, which shows that it was exceptionally well edited by the author.

Cousineau's writing is outstanding, and the book is well-edited, earning it an enthusiastic 5 out of 5 stars. The memoir transcends mere autobiography, serving as a meditation on societal dynamics and a powerful call to action for self-improvement and social progress. I recommend this book to people interested in the impacts of bullying, mental health, and existential questions. This book provides insight into a difficult yet inspiring journey, told with commendable candor and skill.

The Angel of Death Origins
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Mary Clarkee »

I really felt emotional while reading this book. I hope people that reads this book learn from it. Bullying is evil. This was a great read for me
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

I'm glad to hear that the book had such a powerful impact on you. It's true that bullying is a serious issue, and stories like this can help raise awareness and promote empathy and understanding. I hope that more people read this book and reflect on its message. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I'm glad you found it to be a great read!
Martha Lopez 4
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-lopez-4.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Martha Lopez 4 »

I'm happy to hear that you found the book to be impactful. Bullying is indeed a significant concern, and narratives like this one can play a role in increasing awareness and fostering compassion and insight. I hope that more individuals engage with this book and contemplate its underlying message. Thank you for expressing your views, and I'm pleased that you enjoyed reading it.
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

The emotional impact of this book is evident, and your reflection on the negative effects of bullying is powerful. It's clear that the narrative left a lasting impression on you. Thanks for sharing your experience with this impactful read.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Theater of Lies by Ted Griffith

Post by Veronica Hunter »

I was deeply moved by Laurent Cousineau's 'The Angel of Death Origins.' The author's ability to craft a compelling narrative that mirrors his own experiences with bullying and adversity is truly commendable. Through protagonist Laurent's journey, Cousineau sheds light on the emotional and physical toll of such challenges, offering readers a heartfelt and authentic portrayal of resilience and strength.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

Great review here. You broke down every section appropriately. I believe a book gets more relatable when authors write about themselves. I definitely would like to read this.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

The author's world-building is simply breathtaking, creating a rich and immersive universe you'll never want to leave.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

I'm pleased to hear that the book resonated with you so strongly. Bullying is indeed a significant concern, and narratives like this one can play a crucial role in raising awareness and fostering empathy. I share your hope that more individuals engage with this book and take its message to heart. Thank you for sharing your perspective, and I'm glad you found it to be an excellent read!
Kikelomo Awowole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikelomo-awowole.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Kikelomo Awowole »

This a great review. Emotions were running high just taking a look. I would dig into this book in my free time for certain
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"The Angel of Death Origins" by Laurent Cousineau delves into the challenges of the protagonist's coming-of-age journey, exploring issues like bullying, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and OCD.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"In The Angel of Death Origins" by Laurent Cousineau, the fictional protagonist Laurent mirrors the author's own experiences, facing persistent bullying due to his multicultural background. The book delves into his struggles with PTSD, depression, anxiety, and OCD, offering a poignant coming-of-age narrative.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

This book is indeed a nice and engaging. the book was well detailed and educating, well developed characters. Nice review you have here.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Cusick by Philip Amortila

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

"The Angel of Death Origins" by Laurent Cousineau sounds like a compelling narrative that delves into the challenges faced by the protagonist, Laurent, reflecting the author's own experiences. The book provides a deep exploration of Laurent's struggles with PTSD, depression, anxiety, and OCD, offering a poignant portrayal of his coming-of-age journey.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”